Need Help! Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product

Thread: Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product

Dose a guide even exist? Was I the only one that was told I would receive a guide?

Honestly I would have not even bothered with this machine if George had not stated "it comes with a very thorough build guide". Dose anyone here have access to a guide of any sort that my be of use for a Mini Raptor? I have seen some basic pictures on the forum but nothing that could be termed a guide.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product

This is what I have for the raptor

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product-ballscrew-pdf   Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product-gantry-set-pdf   Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product-raptor-base-set-pdf   Build Guide For Raptor Mini Or Any Xzero Product-z-axis-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Short answer no. Assembly is fairly simple though, tuning and electrical are more complex. Best to take it one step at a time and post questions if you get stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by crash416 View Post
    This is what I have for the raptor
    Thanks that's a start, seems like I have a whole lot of extra parts.

Downloads
    Uploads

i find its easiest to start with the base. first you use the t slot nuts to loosely bolt the linear rails to the extrusions, then install the linear rail blocks. then take 2 end frames and 2 extrusions.and bolt them together, linear rails in the outward lower slots.

one you get the base laying on your work bench, the rest becomes a bit more visually logical. the moving gantry itself is a bit of a puzzle. you need to bolt one upright on to the linear blocks. then install the gantry back and the lower cross beam to that. slide in the t nuts for the X ball screw nut mount, and THEN install the other upright. on some of the older machines you needed to also install the y ballscrew before the second upright, but i dont think that is required on the newer mini. its easier (less clumsy) to install the screw after the gantry is assembled.

post pics along the way if you like, it will help us guide you, and point out any miss steps.