Need Help! XZero cnc

Thread: XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default XZero cnc

I am new to this website and to cnc machine... I am retiring from a long (too long) career in Forestry but do have some training in Furniture making, I am a tool junkie and with a well paying job I have accumulated a large array of tools, that will become my retirement savior...no big pension in my type of work. I really want to add a cnc wood carver to my shop, mainly for 3D reliefs carving and eventually add a rotary unit...
    Where can I buy a xzero cnc machine. I found the website, very little info on it. Had an exchange with "George" telling me that some great machines were coming, but I don't know where to find them, the price, specs etc... don't really know much about them, except that they have really great reviews on this forum and that they are supposedly very affordable...relatively I guess! Are those ready to go or is it a diy type build?
    Looking forward to getting answers...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mrdshrns View Post
    I am new to this website and to cnc machine... I am retiring from a long (too long) career in Forestry but do have some training in Furniture making, I am a tool junkie and with a well paying job I have accumulated a large array of tools, that will become my retirement savior...no big pension in my type of work. I really want to add a cnc wood carver to my shop, mainly for 3D reliefs carving and eventually add a rotary unit...
    Where can I buy a xzero cnc machine. I found the website, very little info on it. Had an exchange with "George" telling me that some great machines were coming, but I don't know where to find them, the price, specs etc... don't really know much about them, except that they have really great reviews on this forum and that they are supposedly very affordable...relatively I guess! Are those ready to go or is it a diy type build?
    I have one from George. Its a diy, but I believe he putting together a turn key solution. Give him a call or drop a email to him. He is very helpful, he does do lots of traveling so give him time to repsond.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by mrdshrns View Post
    Raptor and Mini Raptor machines are on site. New style machines are larger.
    New site should be up in next couple days .Low cost machine will be on different site and will post site for that .

XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XZero cnc

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer...
    When you have time or any other member able to answer this question: If I buy a xzero raptor i.e. with below specs, what is needed to be done from receiving the unit to the point of having it running?. Beside assembly and adding a spindle of course.
    I chose Tekno mount, not really knowing why (would appreciate advice) but only to show that I want to add a good spindle to it.
    What would be a top spindle to work on hardwood like beech, maple, purple heart etc...Purple heart might be a little "chippy" to rout but I guess it could be done with many passes!...I primarily want to make 3d reliefs on gables, drawer fronts etc...

Last question is there a rotary device that could be added to this unit?...not a deal breaker but a "would be nice" type of deal!

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XZero cnc-capture-png