MX3660 and Super-PID

Thread: MX3660 and Super-PID

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MX3660 and Super-PID

Just finished my build on the X-zero Raptor and MX3660 controller with Mach3 and now I'm trying to configure my Super-PID, Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the MX3660 and PID? I've got it running with a manual config (on-off switch and pot) and I've attempted to wire it like the gecko 540 but cant control it with the PC.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MX3660 and Super-PID

Got my router to run with Mach 3 using the M3 command. The problem was I had the incorrect port picked for the spindle, I can turn it on and vary the speed, I haven't tried the M5 command to see if it turns off. Right now I turn the PID on with a manual switch. I need to configure one of the MX3660 outputs to drop the 5 volt source on the PID run. That is my next task. Not sure if that should be an active low? or if I need to add a relay, Here is the PID wiring diagram.
    MX3660 and Super-PID-superpid-v2_gecko_g540_all_wiring_connections_small-png

Hooked it up same as the Gecko - I think I need to add some dropping resistors on the 10 volt line but it seems to work within about 300 rpms.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Mr. JimBar!

I just bought myself a mx3660 and want to get a Super-PID so I could use my porter-cable. I try to look up on the diagram you post but, cant see not much of the wiring you have done (to small). It would be very kind of you if you could repost it a bit bigger diagram! If you resolved Mach3 control problemes, I'd ( we ) would be very happy if you could share your solution to it...
    ( sorry, english is not my native language...)
    Have a nice day!
    ginvinc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ginvinc,
    Here is a link to the information you need,

www.SuperPID.com - Super-PID Closed-loop Router Speed Controller

Right now I'm still using the Super PID in manual mode, just controlling the speed with a pot and using the router on/off. It's not ideal and I plan on getting back to hooking it up to run with Gcode commands but what I have now works to get jobs done. Please reply to this thread if you get it wired to work. I've connected a friends gecko and it works great. Although he still turns on and off the router with the power switch when changing bits. Trust is a hard thing to come by.