XZero Mach 3 / MX3660 / 281oz motors proper setup

Thread: XZero Mach 3 / MX3660 / 281oz motors proper setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default XZero Mach 3 / MX3660 / 281oz motors proper setup

Can someone help me out on the settings for Mach 3 for the 281oz motors and the leadshine MX3660 combo.

Ports and pins are pretty much ok via the leadshine XML loader, but I am guessing that is all the Xml file does.

Motor Tuning settings? Hz at which to properly run the 281oz motors without an error message?

Homing - watching the Mach3 vids, they even state homing is their number one question. I tried setting that up and it puts my starting point opposite of where I want it. Then if I swap the numbers that doesn't seem to change it either.

Also, Proximity sensors seem to be locking up everything if tripped and I have to go to a page and override then reset.

Mach3 has me frustrated and I thought I would start a thread to help other be able to search for help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XZero Mach 3 / MX3660 / 281oz motors proper setup

Bumping & re-posting this this b/c will need the same guidance soon:
    " Can someone help me out on the settings for Mach 3 for the 281oz motors and the leadshine MX3660 combo.
    Ports and pins are pretty much ok via the leadshine XML loader, but I am guessing that is all the Xml file does.
    Motor Tuning settings? Hz at which to properly run the 281oz motors without an error message?
    Homing - watching the Mach3 vids, they even state homing is their number one question. I tried setting that up and it puts my starting point opposite of where I want it. Then if I swap the numbers that doesn't seem to change it either.
    Also, Proximity sensors seem to be locking up everything if tripped and I have to go to a page and override then reset.
    Mach3 has me frustrated and I thought I would start a thread to help other be able to search for help."

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It would be really helpful if this question was clearly answered. I've been confuddled by my z axis eccentricities for a couple of months now. George, please post a jpeg. of ALL relevant Mach 3 settings for your machines (Raptor for me). I don't know whether the leadshine 3660 xml is proper or what is going on there....can you make an xml for your machines that we can download?....also motor tuning advice would be great and searchable outside your long thread (I know I read about it somewhere but can't find it now.) Too many variables at work and I can't figure out why my z axis is getting off, hitting limit switch, etc... This info needs to be easily searched and clear, or in a provided manual. Thank you .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eenor View Post
    It would be really helpful if this question was clearly answered. I've been confuddled by my z axis eccentricities for a couple of months now. George, please post a jpeg. of ALL relevant Mach 3 settings for your machines (Raptor for me). I don't know whether the leadshine 3660 xml is proper or what is going on there....can you make an xml for your machines that we can download?....also motor tuning advice would be great and searchable outside your long thread (I know I read about it somewhere but can't find it now.) Too many variables at work and I can't figure out why my z axis is getting off, hitting limit switch, etc... This info needs to be easily searched and clear, or in a provided manual. Thank you .
    Hello? Please post proper motor tuning, I'm getting inconsistent y axis drift on soft wood with a 1/2" bit cutting conservatively....help?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eenor View Post
    Hello? Please post proper motor tuning, I'm getting inconsistent y axis drift on soft wood with a 1/2" bit cutting conservatively....help?
    Anyone ever get an answer on this? I could use this info as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good morning. I put together this list of notes during my initial setup. I can't say whether this will help or even if it is all correct, but it might give you something to go on.

Good luck!
    John

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for that John, that is a really helpful document.I can verify that all the settings in there for the motor tuning and the dip switches are what I am using too and seem to be working for me. Does anyone know what kind of power supply to use to power the proximity switches when used with an mx3660?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kevin, if you ordered your switches from George, there is no independent power supply needed, in the document I posted, they are shown in the external devices block, but are powered directly from the MX3660. The discussion of wiring for them starts at the bottom of the second page, references the MX4660 and the LM12-3004-NA prox switches.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John, that document is a huge help. The mx4660 has a 12v out on it, but the 3660 does not. From the doc: "Each switch has a blue, black, and brown, but only 1 input per "input" on the mx3660 is used for the proximity switches. The remaining two wires on the prox switch goes to the power supply." So my problem was what to use to power the switches. ihavenofish has posted on another thread that pretty much any power supply/dc adapter can be used, so I'm going to give it a try with a plain old 12v adapter and see what happens I think. Unless someone can confirm that's a bad idea and I'm going to blow something up :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

On my g540 setup I used a separate 12 volt power supply for my proximity switches and just jumped the V- of the 12volt supply to the V- of the powersupply to the g540.