Cleaning/lubrication recommendations for linear rails and ball screws?

Thread: Cleaning/lubrication recommendations for linear rails and ball screws?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Cleaning/lubrication recommendations for linear rails and ball screws?

Hi,

After getting a Raptor from George about a year ago, I finally got around to getting the steel square tubing, drilling, and assembling the table using the XZero brackets. During this whole time however the machine has been on a shelf in my garage uncovered. My garage is very dusty - mainly from casual wood working and no dust control system. So it is probably a good idea for me to clean everything before I assemble the machine.

I read that I should be using "EP2" for lubricating the ball screws. Is "EP2" commonly available at my local DIY big box store? Should I be using the same thing for the linear rails? Also, before I apply "EP2" what should I do to get rid of dust and dirt?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cleaning/lubrication recommendations for linear rails and ball screws?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChan View Post
    Hi,

After getting a Raptor from George about a year ago, I finally got around to getting the steel square tubing, drilling, and assembling the table using the XZero brackets. During this whole time however the machine has been on a shelf in my garage uncovered. My garage is very dusty - mainly from casual wood working and no dust control system. So it is probably a good idea for me to clean everything before I assemble the machine.

I read that I should be using "EP2" for lubricating the ball screws. Is "EP2" commonly available at my local DIY big box store? Should I be using the same thing for the linear rails? Also, before I apply "EP2" what should I do to get rid of dust and dirt?

Thanks!
    Yes clean the rails with WD40 first. Then grease the blocks and slide full length of the rails.
    EP2 or just EP , any auto parts place will sell it.

XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cleaning/lubrication recommendations for linear rails and ball screws?

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    Yes clean the rails with WD40 first. Then grease the blocks and slide full length of the rails.
    EP2 or just EP , any auto parts place will sell it.
    if I neglected to put nipples on blocks before assembling Raptor, how do you recommend greasing the blocks? the nipple wont screw on because it is angled. Please tell me I don't have to disassemble my machine... Please advise how to grease XZero machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eenor View Post
    if I neglected to put nipples on blocks before assembling Raptor, how do you recommend greasing the blocks? the nipple wont screw on because it is angled. Please tell me I don't have to disassemble my machine... Please advise how to grease XZero machine.
    The angle fittings are 2 piece. Take the 2 pieces apart and put in thread part into block. Then attach the tip .

XZero cnc