Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB Motion Card and Mac3 digitizing issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: USB Motion Card and Mac3 digitizing issues

Hi.

This is the controller CNC-Robotica: Fresadoras CNC

Today i want test if create the .txt file with the coordenades, pressing manually the cycle start every time when stop after touch the probe.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

> CNC-Robotica: Fresadoras CNC
    Hum, yes, well, that did not have ANY information in it at all. A bit hard to help there. Any other information available?

> Today i want test ...
    Sorry, but I am not sure what this means. Are you saying the machine stops when the probe touches, every time?
    Does the machine work otherwise?

Cheers
    Roger

- - - Updated - - -

> CNC-Robotica: Fresadoras CNC
    Hum, yes, well, that did not have ANY information in it at all. A bit hard to help there. Any other information available?

> Today i want test ...
    Sorry, but I am not sure what this means. Are you saying the machine stops when the probe touches, every time?
    Does the machine work otherwise?

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Sorry for my english, is too bad.

Are you saying the machine stops when the probe touches, every time? yes, and if i make click in cycle start it´s move another time until probe touch

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    After you use your probe. Could you move your axis with the arrow keys?

Roger Tardif

Downloads
    Uploads

I had similar problem. When usng pcb2gcode (great software for converting gerber to gcode) with autoleveling feature, autoleveling was not working.
    Autoleveling is probing the pcb board to compensate height variations of surface and pcb board itself, so that traces can be cut in proper depth. After probing it does interpolation and then starts cutting copper.

But USB motioncard does not have working g31. I got a .txt file, but with random numbers, sometimes with machine coordinates, sometimes with work coordinates, but also with wrong numbers, with repeating coordinates, etc.

I found (with a help of this thread) a new dll and in release notes it has:

1. add probe variable 2000-2003,but it maybe still could not compatible with mach3 screen 2010.
    if you want to probe with screen 2010,please replace the GetVar(2002) with getoemdro(802),
    GetVar(2001) with getoemdro(801),GetVar(2000) with getoemdro(800).
    The gcode I was processing is using M40 to open file, then G31 for probing and M41 for file closing. It is storing Z coordinates in variables, so I just needed a correct Z coordinate (variable #2002).

My solution was simple. I created a macro m2002.m1s in macros directory (C:\Mach3\macros\Mach3Mill) with simple SetVar using instructions from release notes:

SetVar(2002,getoemdro(802))
    And I added a call to that Macro just after G31 command in my gcode.

In the test run, while inspecting the #2002 variable with Operator -> Gcode Variable Monitor i noticed that everything works just as needed. G31 command sets the #2002 variable (but wrong one), and in next millisecond the macro replaces that wrong number with the correct one. Next line in gcode is setting variable needed for interpolation and using a correct #2002 value.

As I don't need a file with those coordinates, that was enough for me. If you need a file, you can create a similar macro.

A snippet from gcode:
    O3 ( Y probe subroutine )
    G0 Z5.000 ( Move to probe height )
    X[#101 * 14.05458 + 0.35376] Y[#102 * 14.49283 + 0.19781] ( Move to the current probe point )
    G31 Z-3 F100.000000 ( Probe it )
    m2002 ( USB Motioncard workaround )
    #[#101 * 5 + #102 + 500] = #2002 ( Save the probe in the correct parameter )
    #102 = [#102 + #103] ( Increment/decrement by 1 the Y counter )
    M99
    First test run with macro:

USB Motion Card and Mac3 digitizing issues-20161015_094257-jpg USB Motion Card and Mac3 digitizing issues-20161015_103005-jpg

On video you can see the test run without macro in the beginning. Later, in the test run with macro, that first board can be seen above.

Last edited by gskular; 10-15-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, historical update.
    I had problems with G31 when running Mach3 V022 with a USB Smooth Stepper and driver of that era. I developed a 'bypass' which worked roughlyy.
    Now I am running Mach3 V064 and an ESs with a very recent driver. The g31 works perfectly for me.

Caveats (several):
    If you have a cheap (Chinese?) external engine it may not support G31. Most unfortunate. Tough. Replace.
    If you have a very noisy Probe input signal you may confuse Mach3 or the external engine. In this case Mach3 freezes without warning. Clicking the green button will get it going again with, as far as I can see, no problems, but it will miss that G31 cycle. Add hardware and software filtering.
    The value in the DRO is NOT the same as the correct probe value, although it may be close if your Feed is low enough.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a controller that comes with X6-1500GT. The same one comes with other models from carving-cnc/omiocnc (omiocnc) .
    And if you do probing with low feed speed, the value is very very precise and usable. If you're stuck with one of those controllers, this is a way to do something instead of nothing. All this is on 066 version.

Last edited by gskular; 10-15-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey preeb, Hugh fan of your work, I work with Ken McKay. I built my first S type with lots of references to your tpdri posts. Which machine did you buy? I have a raptor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12