Iíve got a lot of the components picked, ordered and in hand. But there is a lot I am lacking at this point. As much as I want this to be a quick build it will be going on for a while.
What I have:
Main mechanical components: Obviously the XYZ Gantry kit from PBC Linear. I ordered it with a 24Ē X 48Ē cutting area due to lack of space. I would have loved to have a 48Ē X 48Ē.
Frame: Iím using Misumi 8 Series 4080 extrusions. Misumi is running a first time order special. You can get up to 150 dollars back on your first order. I think the way it works is they give you a credit 30 days after your first qualifying order. Hopefully Iíll Ďqualifyí and get that rebate.
In fact, my orginal intent was to place my initial order and then get additional items I needed using the rebate. I spent so much time screwing around with the CAD program and debating part selection that I didnít place my extrusion order until recently.
Motors: The main build requires 3 Nema34 and 1 Nema23 motors. I ordered 3 640 oz/in motors from Keling and have a new 425 oz/in Nema 23 motor left over from my original build (a rotary that never happened).
Drivers: Iíve got 4 Geko G213Vís
Power Supply: Iíve got a 50 volt, 20 amp PS from Keling.
Electronics: Iíve got PMDX-126 breakout board and a PMDX-134 board to plug the Gekos into.
Spindle: My original plan was/is to use a PC 890 router with some precision collets controlled by a SuperPID speed controller. I have the SuperPID but have not purchased the PC 890.
I did notice that the router bracket I ordered will also fit a Dewalt 618 (of which I have two). I ordered an extra sensor for the SuperPID but havenít decided if I want to modify one of my 618ís or not. I really want to end up with the PC 890 but weíll see.
Rotary Axis: We will get into this in much more detail later, but for now I will say I have a new Phase II 6Ē rotary table I plan on adding one of the 425 oz /in motors from my current machine to. Iíve also got a ĹĒ slab of 7075 aluminum and some used linear rails.
What I need:
More T-nuts for starters. I ordered two hundred pre-assembly economy T-nuts. Who knew they would go so fast.
Iíve got the caster/leveler feet but need to fabricate a mounting plate to attach them to the frame. This is going to be interesting, my first foray into metal work.
I have yet to design the layout for the electronics and have not ordered practically any support electronics as I donít know what I need yet. This is going to delay the build considerably.
The design of the rotary needs some serious thought.
Pictures in the next post.