12 week leadtime.......

Thread: 12 week leadtime.......

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 12 week leadtime.......

....if your luck I guess.

My order is still not ready. After a few more emails I finally got another 'order delivery projection' of October 10th.

I placed my order May 24th. That's all but 5 months!

I gave them an extra month before I really started bugging them because I knew they were going through growing pains and design changes, but that might not have been the best thing to do.

My advice is to stay on top of your order. I never could find out what happened to mine or where the ball got dropped. I've never heard from them except for the time that they pulled my paperwork by mistake and tried to ship me someone elses order.

I hope it's worth the wait.

BobL.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I re-read my post above and noticed it could be interpreted as totally negative. That was not my intention.

They do have a long lead time, and say so. My point is don't wait tooooo long before getting involved to 'check up on things'.

I don't know about everyone else, but at least with me their customer outreach is non-existent, so after a while you might want to 'reach out to them', so to speak

BobL.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,

What can I say............ I would be very upset. So far my machine is good but not really cutting much yet. Still have a few things to do on it and learning Mach. I would demand a contact person you can talk with on the phone and find out WHY it has taken so long. I hope they are adding limit switches and other items THAT should be standard. I can only think they may have been reading your posts and knew you were not ready and put it off. Keep us posted......... so far I'm happy

Will

Downloads
    Uploads

Will,
    I really don't think the delay was an active decision on their part. I didn't get a reason for the delay. I think my paperwork just got put on the wrong pile somewhere.
    I did get another e-mail yesterday saying that 'management is directly involved' at this point and that my anticipated ship date has been moved up to Sept. 30.

I responded that I appreciated the 'rush' but to please not rush through the quality control process.

I'm glad to hear your happy with your machine. You did a great job on your build.

BobL.

Downloads
    Uploads

frustrating isn't it ? I've also experienced some long wait times in this hobby. Small companies in a small market, new products that are being developed on the fly, sometimes problems involving their own suppliers. Adding to the frustration is that in many cases they already have your money.

To me the attitude of the company decides what attitude they get back. Honesty and respect gets back honesty and respect. If they start to BS I start to worry. It sounds like this company is making an honest effort to sort it out. The waiting is the hardest part

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,
    Hang in there. Its worth the wait.
    When I got back from my short off the grid I see there is a package which should have me new lead screws. All you require is patience.

Keep us up dated Bob.
    We are all hoping it gets shipped soon.
    Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob

Any update on your machine.
    I am at 12 weeks, I e-mailed them 3 weeks ago and have not heard a word. I assume they are making upgrades and I will continue to wait. It will be worth it in the end.

Rich

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Rich,
    Actually I am waiting for the call from them to tell me when they will be here TODAY

I've got my extrusions, waiting on some additional brackets TODAY.

I've got my motors/Geko's/and Power Supply.

I've got my PMDX board.

I've also got a lot of work to do as I just today decided to re-arrange the garage for the build.

I also have to figure out if I can mill aluminium on my old machine.

Anyhow, It's finally happening.

BobL.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rich, if it's been three weeks since you've e-mailed them and your 12 weeks out you might want to drop them another note.

BobL.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,

Great news, now the fun and hard part starts. I really like my machine so far so hope your wait will be worth it also..............

Will

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Will. Glad to hear your macine is performing as well as it looks.

BobL.

P.S. Still no word and it has started raining. Oh well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob

Great, glad to hear it is arriving. I will e-mail them again and see what's up.
    Have fun and let chips fly.

Rich

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,
    Good news.
    We are all waiting for your build thread.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, it arrived around 6 PM. A bouncing 275 lb. beautiful red kit.

This is gonna be fun !!

BobL.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob,
    Where are the pictures?
    You should have it all together by now ;-)
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Dave,
    I've taken a few pictures of when I was playing with the frame yesterday. I will try to post something.

BobL.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do want to wrap up this topic by saying although I think the communications could have been a little better with XYZ Gantry, in the end they came through (I just hope everyting is good and correct).

They evidently paid my shipping charges as I was not charged anything beyond the quoted price for the kit. This was done without fanfare or notification. I don't know what the shipping WOULD have been but I'd bet it WASN'T cheap.

In the end I have no issues with them. I can't speak to their product yet, but in terms of handling the issues with the delay, I feel they 'stepped' up so to speak by giving me free shipping and that more than makes up for it.

Right now I'm a happy customer.

BobL.

Last edited by boblon; 10-09-2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Spelling