can you use this cam system

Thread: can you use this cam system

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, should run well just make sure you select the correct "post processor" after you have generated your tool paths. The post processor is a file inside your cam that tells what to out-put to. If your wondering what i mean by out to it is your cnc controller software. example: Mach 1 / Mach 2 /Mach 3 /Okuma /Haas /Fadal ect.

Last edited by cornerstonecnc; 04-08-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cornerstonecnc View Post
    yes, should run well just make sure you select the correct "post processor" after you have generated your tool paths. The post processor is a file inside your cam that tells what to out-put to. If your wondering what i mean by out to it is your cnc controller software. example: Mach 1 / Mach 2 /Mach 3 /Okuma /Haas /Fadal ect.
    ok I know how to do the toolpath. but from what you are saying is that the mach software is like a machine so that means I would have to go into the post processor and then select the mach file. can you explain how I can select the mach post processor. on MASTERCAM X. i cant seem to find it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If im correct your cam should at some point prompt you to select a post or it may require that you manually select one from a folder. Im not real familiar with master cam x but i have played around with master cam x9 and i believe that it prompts you with a list of post processors after you generate your tool path. Also are you using a demo version of master cam or full version because most demos wont let you post to your machine. It may possibly be that version of master cam x may not have the post file that you need and if thats the case then you will need to search around to find it. By the way what post are you trying to find? Can you give me a detailed list of your set-up? Im using a Smithy 1340 granite mill/lathe combo, fitted with a 4 axis xylotex cnc system 269 oz. steppers, Mach3 cnc driver/controller software, Meshcam 30 day trial version (This version will allow you to post out to your machine) and Alibre design cad. sorry it took so long to reply but i work night shift.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think it much matters that you are using Xylotex driver(s) or Mach as a controller, it's the machine that you need to pick a post processor for. As the other poster asked, what is your machine? That'll tell you what post processor to use.

Monte