funtions and wire usage

Thread: funtions and wire usage

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default funtions and wire usage

Guys thanks for your previous help . so here I go again.
    WE have most all of my stuff now. Questions: Our Stepper motors are wired in series 2.3 amp , 1.52 ohms, 6.0mh. can I run 16 ft on 22 AWG wire and do I have to stay away from the AC.line right now they are bundled ??? Using xylotex controller, what do I have to do to get funtions like spindel on , pause /hold /stop ,E stop ect to function from the PC key board . Will be be using Mach 1or2 CNC.Would SSR(solid state relays) be used and drivem from the 10 pin connector above the IDC26 on the xylotex board ??
    Thank again
    Cecil

Similar Threads:
    cecil

Downloads
    Uploads

Cecil

Sorry I didn't get here too soon to help you, I was away for 2 weeks.

The wires should stay away where practical. Dont loose any sleep over it.

I would go with a little larger wire if you can. Try to stick with the same size wire that motor has.

The inputs and outputs should be explained on the xylotex web site or the documentation. It's also setup in the software that you are using. Solid state relays should be used.

Eric

I wish it wouldn't crash.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Balsaman:
    For the info. Using solid state relays do you have to have a seperate circuit board to route the parallel port output signal to or can the SSR be ativated by pin 14,16 or17 being pulled low (to ground)? I have read a little about somethig called a "stamp" By Parrallax inc.
    At this time we have the Xyotex board running fine , put all the components inside the computer atx case and it all looks great.
    Has been a good 1st time project and Jeff Pollard has been a big help also, does he ever sleep?, he answers your email real quick! Art has be real good with software question about his Mach2 software . Highly recomend both. Thanks again! Cecil

cecil