Problem SX3 Spindle Issue

Thread: SX3 Spindle Issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SX3 Spindle Issue

Hi all
    I'm new here and am after advice/thoughts on a problem with my SX3.
    The machine is the Syil X3 CNC Conversion, brought around 12 months ago and only has light use in my small custom machining business.

A couple of weeks ago it was running when the spindle speed started jumping from around 1200rpm - 1600rpm while cutting and then would slow down to the point of almost stopping. it was cutting aluminium at the time.

I stopped using it immediately, took of the top cover and removed the belt and the motor ran perfectly, no jumping around and was very quiet. I rotated the spindle by hand and it was very very rough so all of the spindle bearings were replaced.

While stripping the machine down to get the spindle out I managed to short the circuit board on the front control panel (was rushing, thought the machine was isolated and it wasn't!)

Not being able to find a replacement circuit board it has now been repaired and reinstalled but the spindle motor still does not start.

I have had a CNC electrician in and it appears that although there is power to the main board in the back of the machine, there is no 5v output at all.

The other problem is that although 'standard' replacement boards can be obtained relatively easy enough, the main board in the back of the machine or the board on the front panel don't appear to be standard.

I have added some pictures of the machine and the boards that are installed.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated

thanks

Tom