I'm in completely over my head - I just want to do a simple spindle function test on some hardware I have on the bench, (SX3) <-> (XMT-SK) <-> (G540) <-> Mach3 Demo.

I have a PC running Win XP / Win 7 (Mach 3 appears to prefer Win XP, my PC intermittently hangs on Win 7/Mach3)

I have configured LPT for 0378 using EPP/Bidirectional protocol.

I have loaded Mach3 with the configuration file for G540 - I am set for pwm control (I think)

My PC is talking to the G540, the charge pump is on (fault light off, charge pump switch is on) I can watch the port bits change.

I'm watching PWM output of G540 at Pin 8 to ground (Pin 7) with +10v on Pin 9

When I send M3 S1000 or any other manual spindle commands, all I get is 'PWM bumped to minimum setting' and there is NO pwm output voltage.

My research suggests it has something to do with Spindle pulleys but I have had no luck figuring it out.

I feel like somebody just dropped me into the pilot chair of a 777 and asked me to take off, when I just want to play the radio !

As much as I enjoy new things I just don't have the energy to learn all about Mach3 right now......... can someone fix stupid (me) ?

-Pete