Vacuum table

Thread: Vacuum table

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vacuum table

I was just thinking (yeah, generally bad idea...) about doing a vac table setup.

I'll probably go MDF, so when it inevitably gets cut up, it's cheap quick and easy to replace. I was going to go with the simple design of squares across the whole surface, with (.25" * .25" ?) channels between.

Since my table isn't the same size as everyone else's, and no doubt many people are doing the same thing... Would it be hard for someone to come up with a little gcode generator where you could just plug in your X&Y sizes, and have it spit out a table in essence? Maybe let you specify the rim/lip/edge size?

Thoughts?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fiero View Post
    I was just thinking (yeah, generally bad idea...) about doing a vac table setup.

I'll probably go MDF, so when it inevitably gets cut up, it's cheap quick and easy to replace. I was going to go with the simple design of squares across the whole surface, with (.25" * .25" ?) channels between.

Since my table isn't the same size as everyone else's, and no doubt many people are doing the same thing... Would it be hard for someone to come up with a little gcode generator where you could just plug in your X&Y sizes, and have it spit out a table in essence? Maybe let you specify the rim/lip/edge size?

Thoughts?

it is very easy to do. with a few lines of code you could prepare the gcode for a table. just use subroutines. we always prepare the tables like this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yup... Could just do it by hand for myself.

I just thought it might be nice for everyone, if someone could whip up some code.

Downloads
    Uploads

Soooooo.....

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you go with MDF you will have problems, mdf is pours, start with a sheet of cellular pvc non pours. What type of router do you have? what programs are you running your router with?