Collets keep running into material

Thread: Collets keep running into material

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Collets keep running into material

Hello everyone,

Im not sure if this is a wincnc/auto tool measure issue or me not creating proper toolpaths in aspire.

What is happening is that when milling, the mill is going deeper than it should and is running into material (with the collet nut). I am thinking that even though it goes through the motion of changing a tool with the ATC then its goes and clicks down on the tool measurer that somehow its not registering the tool length correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Collets keep running into material

It is probably you. Try to locate your tool tip to Z=0, (of course, somewhere on the machine table where you wont colide the tool with the workpiece or clamping), regarding your tool length, for example
    T2M6
    G56H2...
    Or another way that is valid on your machine. Then, take a look is it really zero by closing it by x/y axis as much as you can to your ref surface ( where your z=0) should be. In my expirience, it was never the machine. It was always I who had forgotten this thing I tried to explain you in theese lines... Of course, while it is working as you described it, monitor real position on panel - you can always see if it is z=-0,2 and on your machine table it is for example z-5 or 6mm...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Collets keep running into material

Im narrowing it down I think. I think I need to reset/re-calibrate the spoil board factor. Now when trying to set z down to barely touch the spoil board it hits its soft low limit with about a half inch of space left before it hits the board.