This is driving me nuts

Thread: This is driving me nuts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default This is driving me nuts

Hello all,

Kind of new (~1 1/2 years) to cad/cam/cnc and have just recently encountered a problem I have no idea why its happening. First off, I design in flexi, export to BobCad v25, and then from that export as nc. to work on wincnc (not sure what version). Sometimes when I go to restart a job, it will go to the right place, the router head would move down to about an inch above the surface of the material and then start rising again. If it is allowed to rise all the way it will think its cutting and then when its done with that object it will say the job is completed because it hits the z soft limit. Sometimes it will start in the right spot and then go haywire and not cut the correct shape. All of this is based on if it actually restarts. It has been coming back with the error: line too long a lot recently when tried to restart, forcing us to restart the entire job from the beginning. It also sometimes cuts random circles out of arcs that are not present in either the flexi, bobcad or even the wincnc preview window. I am in the process of cutting .080 aluminum for some channel letters and when I restarted a letter T it started fine, ran to the bottom of the horizontal stroke, and then cut that stroke off about an inch and a half to two inches.

It is also running on a warthog router, not sure which model or anything. I can also get pics/vids on request if it will help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: This is driving me nuts

This is driving me nuts-img_0861-jpgThis is driving me nuts-img_0862-jpgThis is driving me nuts-img_0863-jpg Here are some photos of what is happening

Default Re: This is driving me nuts

Hi Chris,

The first step in re-solving the 'restart' issue will require knowledge of every command issued through your controller when a 'restart' is executed. I suggest troubleshooting this with the drive and spindle power locked out. When activating 'restart' a window appears and a check-box option is available; 'single step mode'. This option will run one block and pause each time you activate 'start'.

This is driving me nuts-wincncrestart-png

Hit OK to 'restart' and observe the Command Display. Then activate 'start' each time you wish to execute the next block. Look for commands that switch the methods used to produce motion and consider how they affect the program's needs. For instance; The 'restart' could execute a G90 before continuing a program with incremental requirements.

- The wild arc movements could develop from machine code produced as 'incremental arcs' while the control exeutes them as 'absolute arcs' (or visa-versa).

- Does the program apply a tool-offset? I'm not certain if a 'restart' will re-apply a correct tool-offset.