Annoying WinCNC problem

Thread: Annoying WinCNC problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Annoying WinCNC problem

Has anyone had an issue when openning WinCNC that you need to press the Insert key on your keyboard before you start typing or else characters become deleted as you type?
    Anyone know how to fix it?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

May have nothing to do with the problem but make sure windows 'sticky keys' is off or you might have some strange keyboard filtering software running, or is it just WinCNC?
    Try another keyboard?

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use a bluetooth keyboard so I can carry it closer to my CNC table when needed. There is always a momentary delay when I first start typing on it, especially if I don't move the cursor to the "command box" before typing.

My first move however after opening WinCNC is to use the on-screen buttons, not to type in characters -- meaning after opening software, I would next power on my controller box, then test axis connectivity by jogging a small increment. I usually move X an inch in each direction and often Y & Z too as a precaution before homing my machine by typing in the G28 command.

Do you still have that annoyance if you use an on screen button before the keyboard? I have a brief phone call scheduled with WinCNC (tech) this week, I could ask for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem with my WinCNC and the insert key. It started when we upgraded to Windows 8. I called WinCNC tech help and they said it is because something changed in the Windows programming and they didn't have a fix for it yet. I noticed an even more annoying problem, if you open WinCNC hit the insert key all is fine, then you jump to another window to look at a drawing or email or whatever, the insert key turns off again!!! Of course you don't see this right away, till you've screwed up a bunch. So I installed a little program called CapsUnlock it will disable the insert key but it is overridible, unfortunately it locks out the capslock key so it doesn't automaticlly turn on when you open WinCNC. But all you need to do is hit Shift + Caps lock when you bootup to turn on the capslock key and you can open and close programs and different windows all day and not have and problem and NO overwriting!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downgrade to win7. What did you gain, other than trouble?
    Windows is not a Real Time Operating System

repeat after me..
    Windows is not a Real Time Operating System

and read on.. why it is (not) so.

Time

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!