WinCNC

Thread: WinCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default WinCNC

Hello All,
    I own a Multicam Router (Australia) and am in the process of looking to upgrade the entire operating system to WinCNC to get rid of 1990's software. Can anybody comment on how they like the system? Any software or hardware problems? Is it a good system for the price? Has anybody retrofitted this system onto a router, any problems there?

Many thanks for any replies.
    Regards,
    Chris

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WinCNC

does your machine need a closed loop in the control? I recently converted my 90's motion master to wincnc, I think I had developed some issues with the old servos, so Ireplaced them and they came with dsp drives, so step and direction controls would work. the wincnc system is maxed out at 75 khz pulse rate, so speed and resolution could have some tade offs. since the native resolution on my machine is 1000 steps per mm, I needed to cut the resolution to 500 steps per mm to get any kind of reasonable rapids. Since i got it all back together, it seems to be running quite nicely. once you get the system ready, the tech will take over your machine over the web and work through the configuration with you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: WinCNC

Well I am new at this whole industry and I just bought a used mill that uses WinCNC . Take into consideration that I have no experience with any other type of control software. That being said the customer service is superb, they helped me figure out some things that were outside of what I would consider support of their product. I also find the interface easy to learn.