VFD Spindle Troubleshooting assistance

Thread: VFD Spindle Troubleshooting assistance

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VFD Spindle Troubleshooting assistance

Hi! First time post; please be gentle....
    I have just finished building a 24x36" CNC machine. I am running Linux CNC and I have successfully calibrated and homed the machine so I am about ready to become dangerous. I have Huanyang 220V VFD driving a water-cooled 2.2kw spindle.
    I have followed the various online instructions for VFD setup and it seems to be working OK. Before switchinge over to the RS485 interface I thought to control the spindle from the VFD.
    When I set the VFD to 200 Hz (or any other value) and press the Run button the spindle runs for about 1 second and the VFD displays Ov-1.
    I have reset the VFD (pfd013=8) and repeated the setup, I have tried following the manual step by step, including matching the specific settings for my particular model. I always end up in the same spot.
    Can anyone of you provide troubleshooting guidance to determine if it is the VFD or the spindle?
    Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD Spindle Troubleshooting assistance

shrines

Your Parameters are not set correct,, the RS485 is independent of the drive Parameters, here is what you need for your VFD Parameters,Do a Factory ReSet, ( Default settings ) then use these Parameters

How do you have your VFDs input power wired, and what country,Photo of this will eliminate this part,

Huanyang Mactec54

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 (Minimum Setting 120)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Accel=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deccl=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps) (Set for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp Max)

(Set for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp Max)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD002=1 ( For Remote Pot use )

PD70=0

PD72=400

PD73=120

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mactec24, I'll reset the VFD to factory settings, reprogram the VFD to your recommendations and report back.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shrines View Post
    Thanks Mactec24, I'll reset the VFD to factory settings, reprogram the VFD to your recommendations and report back.
    I reset the VFD and applied all settings as you specified. Same result. A one second spin of the motor and display on VFD of OU-1.
    Per your request I have attached a photo of the VFD wiring.
    I am connected to 220 single phase. I measure 110v between R and T, 110v between S and T and 220V between R and S.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shrines View Post
    I reset the VFD and applied all settings as you specified. Same result. A one second spin of the motor and display on VFD of OU-1.
    Per your request I have attached a photo of the VFD wiring.
    I am connected to 220 single phase. I measure 110v between R and T, 110v between S and T and 220V between R and S.
    Can't see your attachment, where do you live, what country

Mactec54