Syncrowave 200 TIG, aircooled torch, AC, 75% balance, no pulse, orange band 2% ceriated 3/32" tungston sharpened to point, tungston 1/4" extension from cup, .150" 6061-T6 aluminum, 150amps, 25CFH pure argon, 4043 filler rod, cleaned with brass brush, 91% iso-alcohol.
Picture 1: First tig bead ever. (after i fixed the gas issue).
Picture 2: Torch would NOT keep a arc, it danced around. Come to find out the collet was installed upside down, blocking all the gas ports. Opps.
Picture 3: A result from no gas on the tungston, it tore up my tip in seconds. (what not to do haha).
I feel like i used to much power (150amps) The "dimes were stacked, but could have stacked with more definition if i maybe of let it cool a hair longer till i stacked the next. Started on the right hand side, finished on the left side.
I only had a quarter of formal welding training in high school but only involved stick and mig, and was 5 years ago. Never touched a tig till today, but i have been watching some really good professionals on youtube so i think that really helps to see how the process goes down. Tomorrow i plan on throwing down a hundred or so beads that are about 6" long. I need to get the feel for the puddle and how much heat to use.
Anyways, please comment, or throw me any tig/aluminum tips! Anything will help since this is day 1. lol.