New Welder advice?

Thread: New Welder advice?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Welder advice?

Im finally about to replace my old 135amp 110v Hobart after 10+ years. I'm about to pull the trigger on a 10% off sale tommorrow for a Hobart Ironman 230, and am wondering if this is the right welder for me.

I do alot of small fabrication, usually working with no more than 3/16" to 1/4" steel. My 110v Hobart has served me very well over the years, its been through hell, including 2 floods, and have never missed a beat- but the amout of welding I've been doing has increased quite a bit in the past year and I'd like a bigger machine.

*Do I need/want the Ironman 230 over the much cheaper Handler 210?
    Since Im working mainly with rather thin materials, will I notice any difference between these two machines at all?

Anything else I should know/consider?

Thanks,

Ben W

Similar Threads:
    www.steelplinkers.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your used to using a handler 135, the jump to a handler 210 is a big step up. The handler 210 goes for a very good price at Northern Tool and comes with a spool gun. The 210 costs much less than the ironman 230. For what your doing, the 210 would be a great machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply snoeproe,

I snagged the Ironman 230 at a local store on black friday for 20% off.

Had they had the 210 in stock for the 20% price I probably would have went that route, but I'm sure not regretting buying the 230! I can't believe I did without it for so long.

www.steelplinkers.com