I am looking for a cnc router to buy and use for manufacturing purposes. I started my homework a while ago and did research, visited some cnc suppliers but still cannot decide on what would work best. Therefore your advice would be highly appreciated.
The job that will be performed on the machine is limited to aluminium composite panel (ACP). It comes into sheets with the dimensions 3000*1540*1.2mm.
The fabrication will require very basic operations:
- cut through - whole 1.2mm thickness
- grooving at different depths from 0.1 to 1mm
So far I acknowledged the following about the requirements for the router:
- the precision on Z axis should be good, meaning that 0.05 should be the max error. For X and Y even 0.1mm is ok
- it is required a vacuum table to hold very well the ACP so the Z axes remain accurate
- working table size should be at least 3000*1540mm
- as working with 3-4 tools on one run, a tool changer is a must to increase productivity
I saw some taiwanese machine but also german (flexicam) and french (mecanumeric) ones at work. first ones could do my job, the latter are far too expensive. but with taiwanese my concern is the support.
therefore i turn my head towards american/canadian machines, which seem good quality and some reasonably priced. But never experienced them, and here is where your help would make the difference.
As budget, i think a 10-20k should be reasonable, could go a little higher is necessarily.
Thanks a lot