We are a custom longboard/skateboard manufacturer. We are seeking to fill a $10k CNC budget (rough cost estimate). There are SO many CNC machines out there, but what we will need IF a CNC is in our future, are the following:
1. Overall price tag of about 10k
2. Cutting area of 60 inches max length, and at very least, 12-13 inches width. (most tables with a 60 inch length provide ample width)
3. 3 axis machine, with capability to drill 3/16" truck mount holes and ideally, to be able to route the shape of the deck out without a bit change.
4. Is a 4th axis something we might be able to achieve given the budget?
5. wood and MDF 3d shaping is a must...
6. Being able to also machine small aluminum parts would be a big plus.
7. Software is also a big question. Are there packages which include software as well, which would not require a HUGE amount of time to set the router up, and run files.
8. How much time will it take to have a deck cut out, truck holes drilled, and edges maybe even routed (4 axis?) for each deck? This is a big question, because we want to be able to shape 20-40 decks/day as soon as the router is up and running......
We are not sure what this post might turn up, but if anyone has any leads to CNC manufacturers with low turn around time, that might help us complete our search very quickly.
Thank you for reading this post.
Does anyone have any input on where to start looking? Ebay and other sites like it are completely overrun seemingly with different machines.
3 or 4 axis, over 5 feet cutting length, and as little assembly as possible, for under 10k, with software. There shouldn't be too many choices... Or are there?