Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil

Advertised on E-Bay and is from Twain. Is anyone using one of these
    Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil cnc- router ?
    Looks nice for $499.00 but looks are not everything.

My interest is in producing one off PC Boards.

Gary K8IZ

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm curious also. Anyone see one in person?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My first post, so please be gentle............

I spotted this machine on eBay too (see here: http://tinyurl.com/5ad6du, and from my perspective as a CNC novice it looks to be a reasonable starting point.

I'm looking for an affordable machine, with ready-built mechanical parts, to use for PCB work and small mould making for composite parts. I already have a small bench top vertical milling machine, with around the same capacity, so have a feeling that this little machine will do pretty much what I want at the moment.

I'm more than happy putting together the electrical stuff to drive this, but am a little confused by the need to drive boards with a parallel port. I have two spare PCs that I could use, but neither has a parallel port; both just have serial and USB ports. Is there an easy way to convert USB to parallel that will work with this stuff?

I'd be really grateful for any comments as to whether it seems like this eBay machine is a reasonable buy for someone who doesn't want to machine up all the parts for a true DIY machine.

Once I get comfortable with driving something small, I may well look at building a bigger router table to do cabinet work with, but that's probably a few years away yet.

Jeremy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile just bought one.

OK, I have bitten the bullet and ordered a Sable-2015 from Luke-Chen. So. I will report on it to this forum after I get started using it. I chose it over building my own, since I am a newbie to CNC. Figure that a small machine is good to start with, and I hope it is not too difficult to leard. I am Ok with learning, but my manual coordinaton kinda sucks. If there is a nut and bolt around, I am sure to cross thread it. As some folks have previously posted, for the price, it should be a good starter machine. I will be posting and asking for advice.

As I said, once I can program it, I will review it. I will also report on how tight/loose the various parts are, if it seems to have good workmanship, that sort of things as soon as I can unpack it. So far, Luke Chen has been exceptional to work with. I had to pay for the machine, and he allowed me to set up sort of a laway plan with. As soon as he had the money, he shipped it out on the next working day. I paid the $$$ for the fastest delivery, He shipped it out last Monday, and it arrived the next saturday, sort of. The mailman just stuck a note in our mailbox, but never even approached our door. So, I will get it Monday, So far, so good,

I will report on it as soon as I can find out.

I am making rear lit avionics panels and circuit boards for a flight simulator. That said, can anyone please suggest a good book on milling?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recieved sable machine

OK, it has come. The Sable 2015 is finally here. What did I find in the box?

First, what did I order? I purchased the CNC for $499, the power supply, driver board the milling motor and everything else with it. I was originally going to use a driver board that I had prior to purchasing the CNC, because it was my plan to put one together myself. That option will be done, later. So, let us go back to the CNC machine.

The framework for the CNC could not be any better. It is made entirely of metal. Steel and aluminum are used; everything is a nice and tight fit, with everything working, as it should. I am impressed with the machine so far. I had thought I would get a basic CNC with quite a bit of MDF, but a metal machine showed up with nice tight tolerances, so there is no rattling of the machine.

From what I can tell, so far, the machine looks like it is an excellent machine. The only thing I found to complain about is its size. It is very small, but it will be good enough for my needs, and can be used to manufacture small parts. (6 – 9 inches). Oh, one more problem just popped into my head. It does not come with instructions. I say that with a qualification. It does not come with instructions written in English.

Most of you folks already know how to set up a machine. The machine configuration is simple and intuitively obvious, so there really is no need to include them. HOWEVER, since this is priced in the starter range, it would have been nice if he had included instructions in English. He did make one misleading statement in his eBay pages. You will NOT have to fabricate your own cables. If you buy everything as I did, the cables come with it.

I have a coworker who is planning to build a small machine so that he can fabricate the parts to build a larger one. That would be entirely possible with the machine.

Luke Chen sells a quality machine, made entirely of metal. I am very satisfied with the product. I do recommend this machine.

Once I get it running this weekend, I will write more. Work just takes it out of me, so I turn into a vegetable when I get home.

JimB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

Many thanks for taking the time to report. I guess that I, like others, am grateful to have a "guinea pig" willing to take the plunge and report back to us on this machine.

From what you've posted so far it looks like the gamble paid off, which is great news.

If you get the chance to take some pictures that would be great.

Good luck with getting the machine up and running, I may still be tempted to go down this route rather then build myself a similar sized machine so am very keen to hear how you get on.

Jeremy

Downloads
    Uploads

I too am very interested in your report on this machine. It appears that one would be hard pressed to buy all the bits for this price, much less an assembled machine. I look forward to your next post.

Cheers'

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Sable-2015 CNC

How's the Sable working out? I am also curious of it's abilities as a PCB milling machine. I saw that it has quite a small traversal, so am wondering how easy it would be to expand/upgrade.

Thanks for your reporting!
    Darren

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ks4au View Post
    OK, it has come. The Sable 2015 is finally here. What did I find in the box?

First, what did I order? I purchased the CNC for $499, the power supply, driver board the milling motor and everything else with it. I was originally going to use a driver board that I had prior to purchasing the CNC, because it was my plan to put one together myself. That option will be done, later. So, let us go back to the CNC machine.

The framework for the CNC could not be any better. It is made entirely of metal. Steel and aluminum are used; everything is a nice and tight fit, with everything working, as it should. I am impressed with the machine so far. I had thought I would get a basic CNC with quite a bit of MDF, but a metal machine showed up with nice tight tolerances, so there is no rattling of the machine.

From what I can tell, so far, the machine looks like it is an excellent machine. The only thing I found to complain about is its size. It is very small, but it will be good enough for my needs, and can be used to manufacture small parts. (6 – 9 inches). Oh, one more problem just popped into my head. It does not come with instructions. I say that with a qualification. It does not come with instructions written in English.

Most of you folks already know how to set up a machine. The machine configuration is simple and intuitively obvious, so there really is no need to include them. HOWEVER, since this is priced in the starter range, it would have been nice if he had included instructions in English. He did make one misleading statement in his eBay pages. You will NOT have to fabricate your own cables. If you buy everything as I did, the cables come with it.

I have a coworker who is planning to build a small machine so that he can fabricate the parts to build a larger one. That would be entirely possible with the machine.

Luke Chen sells a quality machine, made entirely of metal. I am very satisfied with the product. I do recommend this machine.

Once I get it running this weekend, I will write more. Work just takes it out of me, so I turn into a vegetable when I get home.

JimB
    You've had time to test it? tell me how good it seems to make pcb boards? Thank you very much

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys. This is also my first post. I'm new at this. I've just ordered the Sable 2015 from Luke Chan. I decided to order this because of ks4au's experience. I hope I get the same result

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sable-2015 performance?

Quote Originally Posted by rawsuperhuman View Post
    Hi Guys. This is also my first post. I'm new at this. I've just ordered the Sable 2015 from Luke Chan. I decided to order this because of ks4au's experience. I hope I get the same result
    I guess I'm a little confused. I have seen no information about the performance of the Sable-2015. I personally would love to here anybody's actual experience with the machine's productive results.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm new at this my judgment lacks a lot of experience. I'll youtube it when I get it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

at least someone put a photo. Even that is not assembled

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spec's for Sable-2015

I emailed 'lukechan66' about the tolerances of this unit.
    He replied <.1mm/200mm on X/Y/Z.
    Sounds like a bit of a generic response to me, although looking at the pictures, I would assume that given the right conditions (i.e. slow-ish speed, not too fast, good bits, good motors, good electronics, etc.), even though this is an open-loop unit, I wouldn't doubt it could easily make those tolerances and be repeatable.
    However, like the rest of the world, I'm waiting to buy it until I can see an actual review of the unit, not just that one video that's floating around the 'net of it making a single PCB (with rather large 'everything' I might add)...

So...anyone yet?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recieved the Stable CNC

Ok. I finally got it. I got all the parts from Luke and it got here fast. I don't know how to set it up though. This is my first time even seeing a cnc router. Here are the pictures. Can anyone help me on how I'm suppose to get started?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil-img_0024-jpg   Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil-img_0025-jpg   Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil-img_0026-jpg   Sable-2015 CNC ROUTER / ENGRAVER-mil-img_0028-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

What would you like help with?

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Do you have a instant messenger?

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have skype

I have skype

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

What is your email address?

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP

I got the sable and i posted pictures. I got it all connected to the computer, but now I don't know what to do. I don't know what kind of software I need. Any help will be appreciated

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast