Uploads

Smile

Are you running Windows XP and Mach3?

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default reply

I have windows vista 64bit running on the computer. I want to make PCBs and engravings on stainless steel and acrylic.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yahoo

I have yahoo messenger now. It's richbreaker@yahoo.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ?

What is Mach 3?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Found out

I found out what mach 3 is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Richard,

For PCB layout, check out Eagle.

http://www.cadsoftusa.com/info.htm

For engraving checkout Cut2D.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr.../c2d_index.htm

Checkout Mach3 for controlling your machine.

http://www.machsupport.com/

You may want to ask other users about PCB software options, depending on your budget etc.

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thank you

Thanks Jeff.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

any update on this machine? I am planning on ordering one soon just waiting on some reviews to come out.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Sable 2015

I got mine a few days ago. Finally got around to unpacking it.
    Not a lot for documentation, ok, practically nothing for documentation.
    Do a search on Youtube for 'Sable2015'. I posted 3 quick video's of unpacking it.
    Everything seems to be straight forward, the outside of the box was a bit messed up from the distance traveled I supposed, but the items inside were well packaged.
    The only thing I have a major problem with is the actual stepper motor controller PCB. Practically NO documentation for that anywhere. The closest thing I can find is the Univelop 3 Axis Driver Board ( http://www.cncgeeker.com/index.php?m...&products_id=1 ), and even that document doesn't have a listing of the jumpers, headers, etc. and their proper operation.
    If I am seeing this controller correctly, it's a 'standard' parallel port CNC type setup, X/Y/Z/A, enables, direction, steps, and so on, E-stop input, X/Y/Z limit inputs, and so on there.
    Also, there is a block of headers that I can't conclusive information for. It looks like it might be the manual X/Y/Z step/direction inputs for push buttons, for driving the steppers without a PC.
    So....are the limit switch inputs 'soft limits' or 'hard limits'? Are they just inputs to the PC to tell it to quit moving? Or do they actually inhibit stepping of the motors?

EDIT: Got the thing hooked up to the PC and working. Uploading a couple more videos of the initial hookup, software configuration, and operation of the Sable2015.

Last edited by skimask; 12-21-2008 at 01:25 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a document about the controller: http://www.cnc-in.cn/pdf/3%20axis%20...%20version.pdf ,might serve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the the videos, they're really useful. From the look of it it seems pretty well made. Even allowing for the shipping cost it looks to be pretty good value, probably cheaper than a DIY machine.

Jeremy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pyromiko View Post
    Here is a document about the controller: http://www.cnc-in.cn/pdf/3%20axis%20...%20version.pdf ,might serve
    Yep, that's the controller that comes with it. Thanks for the info.
    I also got another .rar file with a few pictures and a short .doc file with some instructions from the seller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

could you share that documentation? Because I have intentions of sending an email requesting any information that already i do not have...configurations as in the match3, etc. Tnk´s

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pyromiko View Post
    could you share that documentation? Because I have intentions of sending an email requesting any information that already i do not have...configurations as in the match3, etc. Tnk´s
    Don't know if it's anything that you don't already have...but...here goes...
    3.3MB, a pdf, a doc, and a few EMC and Mach3 pictures of the setup.
    Anything other than what is already in these files is beyond me. I'm working off of common sense and just a bit of knowledge otherwise. I'm not a Linux expert nor a CNC expert...Quite the opposite. Both are brand new to me.
    In general, if I'm able to answer a question that anybody else has, then chances are, 'anybody else' hasn't done enough research and is looking for a handout. I'm not in that business..................

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by skimask; 12-22-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you, is got the match3 conf. Best regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the videos, still have only seen the one PCB routed out but i ordered the router today. It looks like it is a solid machine. I have never dealt with cnc before, only made pcbs by etching them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wireless102 View Post
    Thanks for the videos, still have only seen the one PCB routed out but i ordered the router today. It looks like it is a solid machine. I have never dealt with cnc before, only made pcbs by etching them.
    If I had one complaint, it would've been about the lack of documentation, but then again, machines like this aren't meant for the beginner, either using CNC machines or in thinking.
    It feels like a solid machine, solid aluminum framework, all the nuts/bolts were tight when I got it, plenty of grease of the lead-screws (almost too much), and so on. I don't have any bits for the motor yet, and I don't want to use my dremel bits to do a demo on some MDF or anything like that.
    I just got it tweaked and working with LinuxCNC's EMC2 software earlier today. I taped a pen to the mill motor and it wrote out the demo 'EMC2 AXIS' on the paper I taped to the plate. I used the software to jog the unit in all 3 axis's around a bunch, and I got it to come back to the same spot repeatedly.
    It doesn't come with limit or home switches, but I've got a couple of good ideas for that. Now that I've got some fairly decent documentation, it'll be easy to hook those up and get them working.
    From here on, it's a steep learning curve on how to best use the various software packages, from schematic (Protel, done), to PCB artwork (Protel, done), to G-code conversion (DeskCNC, got a handle on it, but still have a bunch of learning to do), to finally milling the PCBs (LinuxCNC's EMC2, maybe Mach3 later, have to figure out how to edit G-code, add correct Z stepping, tool changes, and so on)...

Eventually, I'll post a few more videos of the unit in operation, and add a page to my web site with some basic instructions from receiving the unit to milling a PCB...but don't look for it soon.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cutting light Aluminum

Hi there,

I'm interested in the Sable after spending more than USD500 on parts that don't fit together while planning to build a slightly bigger machine of my own in MDF.

For those who have purchased, would you be kind enough to help answer some questions to aid me in my decision?

1) have you tried cutting aluminum with it? Any success?
    2) are the stepper motors sufficient with only 4.4kg.cm?
    3) are the spindle and driver worth buying or should purchase seperately?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!!!

Wong

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've got the machine a month ago. This machine has a big problem: their anti-backlash system sucks. It's made of two threads and a spring. The problem is that between the two threads are a lot of play (relatively). I've milled some pcb's. Horizontal an vertical lines are ok, but the angled ones are not straight (like waves). If you plan make pcb's with very fine tracks, forget this machine. If I can I'll post some photos.

Regards.

(sorry for my bad english)

Last edited by llimis@hotmail.; 12-26-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi llimis,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there some way to rectify the backlash problem? There goes a cheaper solution if its not possible.

Looks like I've to look at Widigetmaster's machine. Its beautifully done and I would very like to own one, but the price is a little beyond my budget at this moment. Setting aside some funds for next year, which is said to be a bitter year.

Regards,
    Wong

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast