Looking to make my first laser cutter purchase

Thread: Looking to make my first laser cutter purchase

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking to make my first laser cutter purchase

Good afternoon all!

I am in a bit of a quandary and looking for some advice.

What I do:

My wife and I run a smaller customization business from our home. We started in vinyl, making T-shirts, decals, and vehicle "wraps". We still do this, but we are looking to expand. I recently became a retailer for a Tumbler company, and planned to sell customized tumblers with Vinyl Wrap. However, I don't like the application, and now would like to venture into being able to Laser Etch / Engrave them.

What I need:

As stated, my main need is the ability to etch/engrave Stainless Steel, Powder-coat Stainless, and glass. This will be our main business, but we'd like to also branch out. A Laser with a rotary platform / chuck is needed for certain.

What I've Looked at:

I've been researching, and from what I find, I am really looking hard at the Boss Laser LS-1416. The price range is within what we are looking to spend. The only added option I'd like to see is the ability to CUT metals.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to if there is anything out there, relatively similar to cost, that will do both? Also, does anyone have experience with Boss Lasers? I'd like to make the best purchase I can. I've researched all I could, but sometimes, coming to the unbiased experts is the best route for an informed decision!

Thanks Everyone!

Brent Dalton