Hi,

I'm about to go ahead with getting an Omio X4-800L-USB. It usually comes with an 800W, 65mm dia, 2 bearing spindle. On the website you can select a longer 4-bearing 800W spindle... but I've also got the option of getting it with a 1500W spindle, but with 2 bearings (and 80mm diameter). Any weight difference will apparently not be an issue. For each of the options I'd be considering the water-cooled option.
I don't have specs for TIR for each spindle. All spindles are ER11 collet, max 24000rpm/min. I did ask about a 2200W spindle (as the ER20 collet would be handy) but was told that wouldn't be an option due to the size of the machine.

I'm planning to use the machine for plastics, aluminium and hopefully a bit of steel. And I'm planning to spend a good amount of time trying to square everything up as much as possible... so more accuracy on the spindle would be good. (I haven't been able to find much out about the difference between 2 and 4 bearing spindles, but I'd guess TIR might be better with more bearings, and maybe also lifetime?)

So for a 3040 gantry-style router with ballscrews and linear rails, would I be better off going with a 4-bearing 800W spindle, or a 2-bearing 1500W spindle?

(I know, this issue would be easily solved by just going with the X6-2200L-USB, but unfortunately I really don't have the space for the bigger machine)

Cheers for any advice!