CNC Router for AAC

Thread: CNC Router for AAC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Router for AAC

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice for choosing a CNC router and whether it is worth a DIY build. I'm looking to specifically engrave AAC (aerated autoclaved concrete blocks). For those of you not familiar with AAC, it's a very lightweight, soft breeeze block material.

So my my questions are:

Which masonry drill bit to use which is hard wearing.

Where to buy a CNC router for this purpose or whether a DIY build is worth the time and effort.

In terms of extraction, AAC produces lots of fine dust, what precautions will I need to take to ensure the ballscrews don't get dust particles trapped inside and therefore damaging the machine.

Any nu help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Raj

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Router for AAC

You wouldn't use a masonry drill bit for engraving. Drill bits do superficially resemble engraving cutters, but they cut differently - straight down only. If you want a tool to cut sideways, it needs to be shaped differently. Diamond keeps its edge better than carbide. Here's an example of the sort of bit that would work (not that I recommend this particular site or seller): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MUCH...8.4.149.irGzB5

You're right to be concerned about abrasive grit getting into the slides and screws of your router and damaging them. While dust collection systems or water blast can help with that to some degree, machines designed for cutting abrasive materials like stone or concrete are fully protected with bellows over the vulnerable parts.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Router for AAC

it is interesting