NEED HELP with information about Automation Technology

Thread: NEED HELP with information about Automation Technology

Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEED HELP with information about Automation Technology

I'm almost ready to order my first CNC router but I need your help.

I thought I wanted a CNCSTEP High-Z until I saw an Automated Technology KL-6090. I found this machine through a lead here.

It seems to be the best of both worlds, Chinese machine that goes through an American upgrade BEFORE I buy it.

Tell me what I'm missing, tell me any thoughts or experiences that you might have.

I will NOT pull the trigger until I hear some personal experiences.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED HELP with information about Automation Technology

I don't think it goes through any "upgrade".
    It's made in China, to their specs.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I bought one of their KL-6090 routers a few months ago. It worked well right out of the crate, but it wasn't assembled with much care. It took a little work to square it and tram the spindle. With Mach3 it works well cutting wood. I haven't tried aluminum yet. The cast iron base was a little warped, much like all inexpensive Chinese made tools, but with a little care you will have a very good cnc router at half the cost of a US made. But if you want something that is perfect right out of the box, you better look somewhere else. I don't believe they do much to a machine other than open it up and hook it up to make sure it works. They will even send you a video of your machine working if you ask.

When you call them, it sometimes takes a while for someone to answer. John is usually the one you will have to talk to. His english is just OK so sometimes there is confusion. But he handled my initial setup problem quickly. I chose Automation Technology because I was uncomfortable with dealing directly with a Chinese company. I've been pleased so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

I "rolled the dice" and order one from AccTek in China. They had a better price and fit my time schedule (late June 2017) and their replies were very, very prompt. Automation Technology just didn't respond to my emails very well and since I find talking difficult that was a negative thing. I'm not expecting perfect right out of the box so that seems to be working in my favor.

Now I need to start studying which router bits I need to start off (mainly wood carving & sign making) and where I can get them. Do you have any suggestions?

My KL-6090 is identical to the Acctek mini desktop cnc machine AKG6090. It probably is made by the same company. Mine came with about 10 metric router bits from a 7/8" surface clearing bit all the way down to a bit so thin I was afraid to touch it for fear of breaking it. So don't buy any bits until you get your machine. The ones I use most are: 90 degree V-bit, 1/4", 1/8", and 1/16" endmills, and ball endmills of the same size. You will also need a conical shaped 1/16" ball mill to do 3D type stuff. You can get these all as a set from Whiteside, Amana, and others. All are available on Amazon. Yonico also has nice bits at a cheaper price. I hope you will be pleased with your machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the heads-up about the bits. I agree the 2 look EXACTLY alike to me, but John said they weren't. Jenny at AccTek said they were though. Hmm.......

Where are you located? I'm in Charlotte, NC.

I'm near Chattanooga, TN.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree....but nobody coughed up the ADDITIONAL $5k that it cost.

Think you're right but it was no where near my budget.