looking to buy

Thread: looking to buy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default looking to buy

need suggestions please...looking to buy a 4x8 wood router cnc with rotary attachment...looking to do table tops and other varioud 3d engraving plus cutting. prefer it to be a router not laser..heres the kicker i would need to my door delivery not to a sea port. i live in alberta canada and only have about 6000 dollars to spend any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. not looking to build my own hoping to find new fully built with warrenty

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: looking to buy

If I were in your position I would be looking for a used router. You might find one for sale locally, or at least in Canada somewhere in your price range The problem is your budget vs. the size. I don't think you can find a new router with a 4th axis in that size, delivered to your door for $6000, even from China. And if you did actually find a new one in that price range, the odds of it actually working when it arrived would be small, and warranty.....Um, no. A friend of mine bought two used Multicam 5x10 routers for $12,000, and I bought my worn out 4x8 for $1,500. But all of them needed some maintenance, mine major.

Is it possible that you could rent time on someone else's router until you can save up a bit more money? Too bad you are so far away, I have a lot of open time on my machine and would be happy to rent time. It just sits taking up floor space for months at a time.

Another option if you live in or near a larger city is to join a local Makerspace group, there are two in Calgary that a quick Google search turned up.

I wish I could offer better advice.