Looking to buy a 4'x8' or bigger CNC machine for under $30k. Need recommendations.

Thread: Looking to buy a 4'x8' or bigger CNC machine for under $30k. Need recommendations.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking to buy a 4'x8' or bigger CNC machine for under $30k. Need recommendations.

Hello,

I'm new to CNC machines but have been doing woodworking most of my life and I know some computer programming languages and am hoping a combination of these two things gives me a head start into the art of CNCing.

I'm looking to purchase a CNC machine (used or new) that has at least an 4' x 8' working table to cut 4' x 8' panels of HDPE (High Density Polyethylene), ACM (Aluminum Composite Material), and various sheets of hardwoods. I don't think I will cut anything deeper than 2" deep, but having the option of cutting into deeper material is a want, not a need.

I will be using the CNC machine mostly for furniture, signage, art, and various small projects (2' x 2' for example) but these projects will be constant, so I anticipate the machine running 5 days a week and 8 to 10 hours per day.

Since I am new to the CNC world, support is important to me, so a USA made machine is important to me.

In other words, I'm looking for dependability, ease of use, decent support, the ability to upgrade software, ability to run almost constantly, and able to cut the materials listed above. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck.

Here are a few manufactures that I have been looking at from my research, but I have no idea which is the best bang for my buck:

CNC Routers | Industrial CNC Routers | Afforadable CNC Routers | Intergrated CNC Routers | Router Systems
    CNC Router Machines | CNC Routers | CAMaster
    CNC Routers, CNC Plasmas | CNC Router Machines, CNC Plasma Machines | ShopSabre CNC
    CyberTekk CNC - Quality CNC Routers at Affordable Prices

Any others that you would recommend new? Or would you recommend going used with an older model Multicam or AXYZ machine?

If you have any advice or recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking to buy a 4'x8' or bigger CNC machine for under $30k. Need recommendations

I'd narrow it down to ShopSabre or Camaster. THose are the only two made in america machines in that price range that have been around a long time.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking to buy a 4'x8' or bigger CNC machine for under $30k. Need recommendations

Give me a call I may have exactly what you need.

2005 3204 5x10 Multicam
    5.5 Columbo spindle recently rebuilt
    10 hp spindle
    8 pos tool change
    Servo drives

I would suggest Enroute, as they allow for a subscription service access to the software either monthly or yearly.

Monthly is 99.97
    If you subscribe yearly 89.97

That allow for the full blown version of Enroute 6 which include 3D

The machine is presently in Fl.

I can do a package price that would lnclide

Machine
    Pack up/loading
    Installation and Training

MCP Services
    Maurice Phelps
    678-548-1483

Look forward to speaking to you

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I'd narrow it down to ShopSabre or Camaster. THose are the only two made in america machines in that price range that have been around a long time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Ger21! I forgot to mention Laguna CNC routers: https://lagunatools.com/cnc-machines/

Are ShopSabre and Camaster still better options?

Thanks Maurice, I will give you a call.

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe that Camaster and Shopsabre are the only USA made machines.
    That Industrial CNC may be, but it's an unknown quantity.

I've heard both very good things, and very bad things, about Laguna's support. And, it looks like their machine in your price range is a chinese import. (All of their machines probably are?)
    In some ways, you may get more for your money with the laguna, and in other ways, you may get less.

I'm not necessarily a big fan of older used machines, but they can be a real bargain. You just have to realize that you are starting with a 10-15 year old control. When old machines have problems, they can be very expensive to fix, or upgrade. If you go into it expecting this, then it could be a great deal. If not, it could be a money pit.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is exactly what I needed to know. I will look into Camaster and Shopsabre. Thank you Gerry!

Downloads
    Uploads

Shopbot is another American-made router brand in that price range you might look at as well. They have a couple of different approaches to that size of router: the "Buddy" system, which moves the table, and the "PRS" system, which is a line of more conventional moving-gantry machines.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll check out Shopbot too...thanks Andrew!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drewsu2 View Post
    This is exactly what I needed to know. I will look into Camaster and Shopsabre. Thank you Gerry!
    We would love to help you with your search, please feel free to contact us.

We have several models that fit in the price range you want based on needs.

CNC Routers, CNC Plasmas | CNC Router Machines, CNC Plasma Machines | ShopSabre CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you! I will contact you guys next week. :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe that Camaster and Shopsabre are the only USA made machines.
    That Industrial CNC may be, but it's an unknown quantity.

I've heard both very good things, and very bad things, about Laguna's support. And, it looks like their machine in your price range is a chinese import. (All of their machines probably are?)
    In some ways, you may get more for your money with the laguna, and in other ways, you may get less.

I'm not necessarily a big fan of older used machines, but they can be a real bargain. You just have to realize that you are starting with a 10-15 year old control. When old machines have problems, they can be very expensive to fix, or upgrade. If you go into it expecting this, then it could be a great deal. If not, it could be a money pit.
    FYI: Industrial CNC is what used to be Vortech CNC Routers