I've built an X-carve and have been using Vetric V-Carve for about 1 year. I just came across a servo driven ZUND swiss made vacuum table 6' x 8' used for signmaking. It's built like a tank with heavy bearings and a nice r&p system. Unfortunately the electronics are toast. Rather than try to reuse the existing servo's I'm planning to buy a turn key kit like cncrouterparts.com offers. I will need to mill some new motor mounts which I can probably handle myself.

I am looking for someone with lots of cnc build experience to instruct me on sizing the motors and getting the thing running. The motors turn belts which in turn drive the rack & pinion. I have no idea if the current pulley configurations will work with stepper motors. Rather than paying for trial and error, I would like to compensate someone for a couple hours of their time. I will send you pics and specs of what I have so that you can guide me in buying the right parts. I won't be running a router on this but instead using a drag knife like this one: Purchase A D3 Drag Knife - Donek ToolsDonek Tools

Once I get the machine built, I will again need help to understand the software needed and how to calibrate the machine and getting it running. I'm mechanically inclined but my electronics / cnc experience is limited to building an xcarve per their instructions.

Thanks
Mark Gering