Hey Guys This Quote Looks a Little Excessive, Can you please look it over

Thread: Hey Guys This Quote Looks a Little Excessive, Can you please look it over

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hey Guys This Quote Looks a Little Excessive, Can you please look it over

Hello, i am brand new to this forum and need some help. I am from Canada and am a avid Vision engraving and routing Systems customer.. I currently have 7 of their Machines,, 2 VE810's a Vision Express and 4 iMarcs,, I got a quote the other day for a vision 2550 engraver/router.. I dont have a problem with the price of the base table, although it is probly a few grand cheaper down in the states.. My question is the Price of the router head.. It would cost me 6000.00.. Do any of you have any ideas of how much this is worth down in the US. Does this seem accessive. Also the Dacs camera would be close to 12000.00 with tax.. View the picture of the quote.. Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey Guys This Quote Looks a Little Excessive, Can you please look it over-2550price-gif  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hey Guys This Quote Looks a Little Excessive, Can you please look it over

Something is wrong here.... How are they selling a poorly designed 2x4 router for $27K????? What is the DACS for 10K?? It looks like a camera mounted on the carriage... 5 Thousand for a 2.2KW square spindle???

I think if you take all their prices and divide by 10 it would be more realistic.

I must be reading this wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hey Guys This Quote Looks a Little Excessive, Can you please look it over

A 4HP HSD spindle with VFD is probably a little less than $4000, So yes, they are charging a lot, But warranties and support are not cheap.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a screenshot of the actual quote Trotec Laser gave me in Canada.. Is the 2550 a poorly designed router.. How, So?? I need to know these things becuase i am very interested in buying one but if they have certain flaws i will rethink my decision.. That being said there is no way i will be buying a new one out of Canada.. I will be buying a used one either out of the USA or canada..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    A 4HP HSD spindle with VFD is probably a little less than $4000, So yes, they are charging a lot, But warranties and support are not cheap.
    Yeah the thing is though when it against Visions policy to sell directly to Canadian customers and you have to deal with Trotec it is a royal pain in the ass... I believe Vision sells there Router Head for around 2500-3000 US I would just rather pay the tax and Duty etc and buy it off of them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alan_3301 View Post
    Something is wrong here.... How are they selling a poorly designed 2x4 router for $27K????? What is the DACS for 10K?? It looks like a camera mounted on the carriage... 5 Thousand for a 2.2KW square spindle???

I think if you take all their prices and divide by 10 it would be more realistic.

I must be reading this wrong.
    This is a screenshot of the actual quote Trotec Laser gave me in Canada.. Is the 2550 a poorly designed router.. How, So?? I need to know these things becuase i am very interested in buying one but if they have certain flaws i will rethink my decision.. That being said there is no way i will be buying a new one out of Canada.. I will be buying a used one either out of the USA or canada.. Also i find it funny how they want to charge 72.00 for the TNUTS

Downloads
    Uploads

If you need something turn-key, then your options are more limited, but I'm sure you can get much more for your money somewhere.

Look up the vision VR48. That is more along the lines of a $20K router. However, like you, I would not trust a company that wanted to charge me $72 for 6 1/4-20 T-nuts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is the $27,000 the base price? So with the Dacs camera and spindle, over $40,000?

A comparable basic machine would probably be in the $10,000 range.
    But.
    You probably wouldn't get the functionality that you get with their system, and I don't know if you could integrate the options into another machine.
    Your paying a premium for a complete package, with some unique features.

Bottom line, is if you can make money with it, even at the high price, then buy it and start making money

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Is the $27,000 the base price? So with the Dacs camera and spindle, over $40,000?

A comparable basic machine would probably be in the $10,000 range.
    But.
    You probably wouldn't get the functionality that you get with their system, and I don't know if you could integrate the options into another machine.
    Your paying a premium for a complete package, with some unique features.

Bottom line, is if you can make money with it, even at the high price, then buy it and start making money
    Yeah the only reason I would go with the Vision 2550 is because I would have the ability to put the engraving spindle on it as well as having the ability to put the router spindle on it..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mrislandguy View Post
    Yeah the only reason I would go with the Vision 2550 is because I would have the ability to put the engraving spindle on it as well as having the ability to put the router spindle on it..
    And yes I would not need the dacs camera but the table with the dacs camera spindle and router head was close to 50k