Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

Thread: Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

I'm looking at purchasing a laser cutting machine that I've seen on eBay. The seller imported the machine 3 years ago, tested it, but didn't use it again.

The machine looks great, however the reverse picture has a weird plug socket attached (see picture). I don't know what the purpose of this socket is and it just looks odd to me - is it something I should be concerned about?

It's a 50W - I need it to cut & engrave 3-5mm acrylic sheets so the power is fine for me.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP-laser-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

If it's the power socket on the left most your talking about, that's a bog standard IEC style socket, is that what you meant? Or the big white British style Type G one?

I'd open the back up and just look where the sockets are wired to. This link might help in the meantime:

Plug & socket types - World Standards

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Considering a Chinese imported laser machine with weird plug socket - HELP

Yes, the machine has been modified and the white socket is a standard British, 13 amp, 3 pin socket (twin and ground). However, I would guess that socket has been added for external equipment to be powered up at the same time as the laser (possibly the water or air pumps) and the standard IEC to the right of it would be to power the laser itself.