Machine Tools Warehouse.... ??

Thread: Machine Tools Warehouse.... ??

Default Machine Tools Warehouse.... ??

Hey, new guy here! I'm posting this here because 1) I need a mill 2) I can only afford a manual mill right now 3) I will be converting it 4) I love this place.

I think I'm pretty much decided on a mill. Being in Canada I have my eyes on this one: https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.co...e-p-16133.html but does anyone know if they're even still operating?! From that page if you click on machines and then Mills/Drills you can see the MD001. If you go to their main page (https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.com/xcart/home.php) and do the same, you get something totally different. I've also tried to contact them through the site but never get a confirmation they've received my "ticket". I've also tried calling the toll free and local number a couple times a day for the last 3 days. It rings but then you get a very nondescript message telling you to call back. Maybe he's just in Mexico this week??

Now I could order from Charter Oak but that adds $1400 to the price of the mill (shipping + exchange + duty/tax).

I'm also waiting on a shipping quote from Grizzly. Was looking at the G0755. I'm still put off by the small cross travel though. Or should I be? I see a LOT of you guys with very similar machines and I'm guessing you're more then happy? Anyways, if shipping isn't bad through UPS freight with Grizzly I may see what Charter Oak can do to help. Who knows.

Any other blatant options I'm missing other then Busy Bee Tools (don't like their line up)?

(now to go post questions about my lathe conversion!)

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered and received a MD001 around OCT. Never had a problem contacting them. Not sure what's up.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few responses around that time. Problem is (even on this site) the last update to that mill page was Oct. and he hasn't even logged in to places like this and Practical Machinist, etc. I hope all is at least well with him and family!

Quote Originally Posted by nattia View Post
    You can always look at HGR they have cheap prices because they sell used machines. HGR Industrial Surplus - We Buy & Sell Everything!
    I'd still wind up in the same boat with shipping so I'd rather go with new from Charter Oak.

As it stands I've been going back and forth with Paul at Charter Oak trying to figure out this shipping deal and he's been really great with getting quotes from various places and offering suggestions. I got a quote from Grizzly too and they sit at $275 + $34 for lift gate through UPS. The quote UPS gave Pat was $825 :O :O Scam artists! Even taking in to consideration Grizzly would have an account and ships quite a bit, that gap is HUGE! The original quote from Charter Oak was $652 so for the ~$375 difference, I'm going to go with Charter Oak as they're awesome to deal with, will be able to provide support, and honestly it's a better machine then what I can get from Grizzly at the same price (more or less).

Also according to a source, Machine Tools Warehouse is all but out of business now. I guess that explains the lack of contact and no updates on the web site. If someone can say otherwise, great! I'm still going with Charter Oak at this point.

Last edited by SuzukiChopper; 02-28-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys..

I realize this is an old thread but it seems like the last one here that is asking about Machine Tools Warehouse.

I went back to work full time a few years ago. The economy just wasn't good enough to keep it going. I basically parked everything, gave up my shop and went back to work.

But now I am moving into a new place in the summertime and it has a huge shop attached. I do have a lot of new projects on the horizon so I am pretty excited about getting them off the ground. You can check out their progress on my new facebook page...

https://m.facebook.com/Machine-Tools-Warehouse-641563229339863/?ref=bookmarks

Regards,
    Pat

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machine Tools Warehouse.... ??

It's about nine months later, apparently, since your last post on this, how's it going now? have you updated your website to include what happening right now?? I think it would be a good idea.