7. You may not vote on this poll
  • MultiCam

5 71.43%
  • AXYZ

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Multicam or AXYZ HELP!!!

Exclamation Multicam or AXYZ HELP!!!

Hi, I`m buying my first Machine and have to pick between a MultiCam 1000 Series or a AXYZ 4008 Series. I'm going with two head spots 1 spindle and 1 oscillating knife with a camra for cuting digital prints out and a mister for aluminum.
    I don't know anything about this as its all new to me...Can you Help me decide? It is the biggest decision I had to make in a long time (since a got married anyway.....no bigger!)
    There where the only well represented companies at the CONSAC. And in the Toronto area. hears are some difference thous far.
    The AXYZ is made down the road from me....Big plus...? Multicam in USA? not china right?
    The MultiCam comes with a 8.5HP 2 Stage Regenerative blower and the AXYZ comes with a 9HP Busch Vacuum Pump for the hold down whats better for a sign shop?
    MultiCam is a 4HP Perske spindle and AXYZ is a 5HPElte Collet Spindle?
    The Price is basically the same @ around $60,000.... except the camera for the AXYZ is $6000(AVS IP Vision System) and the Multicam is $3400(multiVision Digital Reg System) better?
    The AXYZ is 60'' wide by 96'' and the MultiCam is 50'' x 100''. what is more important that 4'' of lenght or the 10'' of width for your average sign shop?
    the guy at AXYZ said that Aspire 3D is a better and much cheaper program then SAI Enroute Pro that multicam recommends? what to do?
    and I'm sure allot of other differences I just don't know them all....
    Thank you for any help with this decision its the future of my business therefor my life...

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I posted a long reply but it vanished... so here goes again.

I bought my first router seven years ago. After a WHOLE BUNCH of research and talking to router OWNERS all over North America it was an easy choice. Price was less important than QUALITY and SERVICE.

MultiCam has provided me with fabulous service and support from the beginning.

Two years ago I upgraded to a four axis machine. I spec'd it out identical to my first one save for the fourth axis.

I recommend the following...

MultiCam 3000 series machine. Linear tool changer.
    I've had great performance with the vacuum they provide with their machines which is the same one they are spec'ing for you.
    I had a mister on my first machine - never used i.
    My machines both had an eleven horse spindle. Since we do primarily dimensional work with lots of texture our files take a long time to route. The big spindle has four ceramic bearings and runs quiet and long without any problems.
    Since I route 30 lb Precision Board HDU primarily my material comes in 4'x8' sheets. I've never felt the need for a bigger machine even though we often do very large projects.

I use EnRoute Pro software. I know it can do things that are not possible in other softwares. If you want to see how I use EnRoute take a look at the blog I write for EnRoute ENROUTE ADVENTURES There are plenty of step by steps and it will keep you busy for a while. there's more than 750 entries.

If you have more questions let me know... imagination corporation - Home Page

-dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

this is a no brainer, MULTICAM....110%. my companys office is located in owen sound and we have received impeccable service from the toronto office over the years. I agree with Dan Sawatzkys point as my shop only purchases 48x96 sheet size for our shop it's all the most popular. Personally, I am only familiar enroute 4 plus in our shop for doing textures although have heard the version 5 has some great features. everyone I know uses enroute on there machines as it has been around for many years.

- Brent

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@Sign Boy. I've always received great support for my Multicam machine over the years. I am actually on my second machine as I traded up after 5 years as my requirements grew. We are not in the sign business, but from purely a machine support standpoint I would highly recommend Multicam. The nice thing with the product line is that as my requirements grew Multicam had more series available. It's been a long time, but when I was originally searching Axyz only had a single series and was trying to sell me a basic configuration whereas multicam took the time to understand my business and requirements.

Happy decision making!

Downloads
    Uploads

sign boy

I think those two companies likely ford and chevy... you cant go wrong with them..

vacuum youll use for thin sheet material..
    for a 4x8 hdu sign, you might use only 4 screw on the 4 corner, because that might be runs 4-16 hour long.. and vac will be too costly for..

it is pending on your work you plan to make..

what dan makes, those signs require rather creativity and knowledge than cnc work.. he would work same effectively with any signmaker program..

before you run out to buy a router for 60K just take a trip around in signshops to seeing what a router does for signwork..

================================================== ==========

for cutting digital prints..
    a signshop I work for, they have roland solvent jet the 64 sized.. they print, laminate and laminated stuff goes back into printer.. its automatically reposition for the printed cornermarks the print, and cut it...
    a lot less hassle..
    so might simpler to upgrade your printer than a function extra for router..

a router can make lot more money to cutting material.. channel letters or signs.. also, while a router works with absolute precision printer might has ""tolerance"" 1-3 percent..

================================================== =================
    for me the cnc side is dead easy..
    heres the latest example.. a schoolmascot.. modeled with a 60$ program, and toolpathed with ac express ... cost another 150..
    but.. many professional don't likes me because I m the cheap guy :-)

additionally, if I were make some effort, possible I could make this with free programs.. so it just pending on your ability, what program you feel easy or useful..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multicam or AXYZ HELP!!!-blue-bird-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Signboy. Anyone who is stating that there is a software that is better to run your machine than EnRoute certainly doesn't know anything about EnRoute CAD CAM Software. A good way to find out would be to ask him to so you a demo of why the software he is recommending is better. If he can't back that statement up, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I do know about EnRoute and I would be happy to do an online software demo for you at your convenience. That would be the best thing to help you decide for yourself how good of a software it is. Please contact me at ej@thinksai.com if you would like to see a demo or if you have any questions.

Regards,

EJ Nodurft
    SAi - EnRoute

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multicam or AXYZ HELP!!!-jph_5595-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

we know all enroute.. it was called casmate :-)

and was quit good on windows 95..

as much I remember the dxf output wrote polyline with varying Z.. polyline can be only coplanar.. I used dxf output to getting true g-code.. true the iso output was close..

the hatchfill sometime missed areas and we had to rotate part or the filling was calculated 179 deg so hatch fill worked eventually..
    this error later returned in another great program.. from another sw company..

leadin-leadout was great.. the multiple z passes was missing.. resulted countless of hours manual gcoding :-)

the leftover removing in v-carving engraving with multiple passes of the smaller tool possible the longest way to solve it..

I quite liked the arrow and star gadgets.. missed really the option adding our own gadgets..

im not really liked as eps output was sending controls, likely gerber used..

im a fan for gcode.. the readable g-code..

cnccontrol means I can control cnc.. with eps output cnc control me :-)

but true some function quite good, like the sharp outer corners with beveled letters..

also a point, none of the folks answered here, including me, selling programs.. we only giving our experiment..