4th Axis Radial Milling - How to?

Thread: 4th Axis Radial Milling - How to?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4th Axis Radial Milling - How to?

I have cut these parts successfully in AlibreCAM, & in VisualCAD/CAM 2016 using the parallel finishing toolpath. In my previous installation of AlibreCAM, I was able to program this using the radial milling options, but in the stand alone application I cannot seem to do so. I was looking to run one using a different method to see if the finish was better. I make these screws from different plastics, Delrin, HDPE, UHMW, and others, on a 4 x 8 CNC router with a DIY rotary axis. A lot of sanding was involved after the parts are machined, then heatedwith a heat gun to get the desired finish. Also, the Feature List on the web site shows 10 4th axis milling options, & I only seem to have 7 to choose from.The file can be downloaded here - https://app.box.com/s/9gz5b68c7adzf61vq5uzlrmq6jq79pqh