Visual Mill 6.0

Thread: Visual Mill 6.0

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Visual Mill 6.0

I got a copy of Visual Mill 6.0 with a machine I purchased and really can't use it for the type of work I do. Could someone give me an idea what that program and the dongle are worth. I plan to sell them on E-Bay if it is worth the time to do that.

Hey thanks in advance,

Rich

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Visual Mill 6.0

Back in 2010, it was arround 4000 euros. Only the dongle is worthy, the program can be downloaded from the website of the manifacturer. Its very weak software, so i dont think someone would give more than 1000-1500 euros.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Visual Mill 6.0

VisualMill 6.0, which has been superseded by VisualMill 2014, came in 3 versions: Standard, Expert, and Pro. The Standard version listed for $1250, the Expert version for $2500 and the Pro version for $5000. So how much it's worth really depends on which version you've got. Despite what "spitfire" says, it's actually very powerful and fairly intuitive software for CAM processing of 2D, 2.5D and 3D models that has built-in post processors for a vast array of CNC machines. Also, it's a very versatile program; what sort of work are you doing that you don't think it would be useful for?

As with any software product, though, what the original purchaser actually bought was a license to use the product, which is not necessarily freely transferable to others. In order to use the software, a user will have to install the dongle in their computer, fire up the program, and request a code from Mecsoft, < CAD/CAM Software by MecSoft Corporation | CNC Software > the company that made it. I'd suggest checking with them prior to trying to sell the program to see what the terms and conditions for a license transfer are.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]