Emco Compact5 Interface (like Weledit) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emco Compact5 Interface (like Weledit)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I checked at a computer running Norton and MFI downloaded with no warning at all.
    I am sorry I can't help you here.
    rgds,
    Henk

Downloads
    Uploads

I just try'd this again, same as before I attached a picture of the message I got.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Emco Compact5 Interface (like Weledit)-mfi_warn-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Torsten,

WS.Reputation.1 reporting seems to be a known issue. According to their community site (http://community.norton.com/t5/Norto...n-1/m-p/228308) Symantec is working on it, in fact they ask your help with isolating the problem.

"UPDATE FROM SYMANTEC last edited by Tony Weiss on June 02, 2010

Since this has become a lengthy thread, we've updated this first post to provide useful information to new forum members. While we work hard to gather info about as many files and configurations as possible, there are occasionally situations where we may encounter programs that get identified as WS.Reputation.1. We apologize for the inconvenience, and would like your help in improving the service and preventing any re-occurrence.

In the event that a file has been wrongly identified as WS.Reputation.1, please submit it here for review. For a workaround on this issue, please follow the directions in this post. I would also recommend that you review this post for information on why some of your files may be identified as WS.Reputation.1."

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the explanation C5CNC seams like Norton has some major screwups to deal with.
    I will have to wait a while until they got it fixed before I can download this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Henk,

First of all big R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for your work on the continuation of the MFI software.

I bought my (100% original / non-retrofit) EMCO F1 CNC a few months ago and normally I run it up-/ and downloading the NC programmes from my 64-bits laptop with Windows 7 through NcLink software by means of a USB port to my (home made) RS232 interface cable, which works perfectly.

I agree with you that the only reasonable thing is to do is to retrofit the Emco, but first of all I am not a machinist. I guess I am just one of these rare stubborn hobbyists that like the machine just as it is. High quality hardware, very basic firmware and charming 80's electronics. My little EMCO F1 CNC also made me pick up again CNC machining and back-to-basic NC programming.

A few days back I have downloaded, installed & tested MFI and it works & looks really nice. Yesterday evening I tried to upload a test NC programme to my EMCO but failed, because it seems that I cannot change the settings in MFI from COM1 to COM3 (which has been assigned from the USB interface installation).

Can you help me out?

Many thanks in advance & best regards,
    Richard Engbersen

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the windows device manager can't you just change the com port number to com1?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Richard,

Didn't notice your message until now...

When starting up, MFI tries to open COM ports 1 to 8. Only the COM ports that don't return an error code will be listed in the settings menu. Other ports won't be visible. So in your case for some reason COM3 produces an error.

How about MC-LINK? You can download it from mikesfreeinterface.com also.

Also, there are tools around that will show your available COM ports. Does COM3 show up there?

For testing purposes is it possible for you to assign COM1 to the USB-RS232 converter?

Kind regards,
    Henk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Emco Compact5 Interface (like Weledit)

Hello all,

I have recently got my hands on a EMCO Compact 5 CNC Lathe. This software tool seems to be great and would come in pretty handy. Sadly the homepage is down. Is it somehow possible to download the tool elsewhere?

Best regards,
    Mario

Downloads
    Uploads

Guys I know this is a zombie thread but I could really use this software too!

EMCO PC mill 50/55 My conversion: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop-machines/420198-cnc.html#post2451878

Downloads
    Uploads

I still have the original installation software somewhere. How can I get that to you?
    If you send your data I will send you the ZIP file.

I am a teacher and have used it for several years, both for sending and also for programming the EMCO. I also programmed a part at the time before Henk turned it into a new interface.

Regards, MANISO

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Maniso!

I am still searching for this Software.
    Do you have it and when, can you send it to me please?

Greetings, Robert

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123