Draw G-Code by Hand (Interested) ?? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Draw G-Code by Hand (Interested) ??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I-Pen

Switcher,

Yes, that is what I was referring to.

They have them on e-bay for different prices, some as low as ten bucks. Will let you know how it works.

Jerry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I-Pen

Switcher,

I received my I-Pen yesterday. I read the manual from start to finish, and did not learn anything new, except on how they wanted you to load their software from the included CD, and the functions of the pen.

Being the type person I am, I decided to just plug it into the USB port to see if there was any difference in the design that required the software on the CD to be installed.

From the Git-Go, it worked exactly like my optical Microsoft mouse with the exception that the pen does not have a scroll up/down wheel, so I did not load any of the included software which allows one to write handwritten e-mail messages, and allows one to make notations on existing documents which are on the computer screen. The software also includes a screen capture function, or so the manual says.

It works great. The tip of the pen is very hard white plastic, and there are one or more very small micro-switches apparently, because you can hear the switches click as you slightly press down (about 0.005 to 0.010 in) like you were writing. The unit also makes a connection when moving in the various X and Y axis, and I think that it would make a perfect touch probe for my CNC. I tried the different axis touch approach on the top of a styrofoam coffee cup, and I could hear switches make. So, I am purchasing another pen to disassemble and create a miniature touch probe which will be my next project.

Pressing down on the pen as if writing, creates the same function as holding down the left mouse button. Lifting the pen from the writing surface opens the switch connection.

On the top of the I-pen, there is a manual switch which performs the same function as the right mouse button. In the end of the pen just under the tip is an infrared or ultraviolet (invisible to the eye) LED with sensor. Anyway, just holding the pen and moving it around and above the (writing) surface will move the mouse around on the computer screen. Applying pressure like writing and dragging the tip around will scroll the mouse on the computer screen, and one can select items.

It performs all functions that I have tried just like a regular mouse, so it will be excellent for drawing in your program. It's resolution is stated to be 800 dots per inch. It is very sensitive to the touch.

It is easy to use and is a perfect solution for drawing g-code, although I have not actually used it as such. My computer that I had your program on, lost the hard disk, and I will have to download your software again and set everything up on this portable. Having used your program with a regular mouse, this pen should make it really simple to draw something, and would be even better or near perfect to create g-code by tracing over an existing drawing, photo, or poster. (You can see the pen tip, which you cannot do with a regular mouse, so there is no guessing about where the line is.)

Get one of these pens for sure. You'll like it. It is guaranteed to work with Win98, Win2000, and WinXP. It should also work with any computer if one uses only a standard existing mouse driver on the machine. I am running XP Professional. It also includes software to run on Apple computers.

When is the next version of your program going to be finished and posted?

Jerry

Last edited by CJL5585; 03-17-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: CHANGED UBS TO USB PORT... TOO many commercials.

Downloads
    Uploads

CJL5585,

Great post, thanks for sharing the I-pen info.

I'm not sure when I'll post an update to this program. I've been wanting to add a DXF Export feature, I havn't tried this yet (shouldn't be a problem to get that done, just time).

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Switcher,

your prog is absolutly fantastic

i 'd like to use it, to save handwrite forms. but every time i had a misstake, i must to start a new file, is it possible to erase or undo last movements? i know i can delete parts of g-code, but i dont know where i must to delete from, just see on draw window. is that difficult to build in undo or delete function?
    other difficult thing is sizeing, how can i get exact size of my handwrite? or is it 1:1 like size on wacom tablet ( i use wacom, and its perfectwith it )
    and some intresting questions: can this prog save power of pressure when you draw? there is data from tablet, can this prog save it? or speed of movements?

i am very interested, i cant do programming, but may i can help anything to develop just say. are you still work on this project?
    i have a friend who can program in c or c+, and he said if the source is available maybe he can make some functions if its possible to get it.

please inform me if its possible, or any other

best regards

Oooz

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What ever happen to this great idea of a program? Sketch2code

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Draw G-Code by Hand (Interested) ??

I'm curious as well, this is such a great idea.

Downloads
    Uploads

HI Switcher, Would it be possible to add a command line and draw from Gcode input instead of the mouse input ? Type a Gcode line and it draw it.

It would be great to be able to draw with Gcode for the precise stuff then use teh mouse on teh organic shapes that would be hard to do with Gcode.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Switcher hasn't been here for many years.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

It was worth a shot (;-)

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    After 13 yrs now. Have you perfected this program? Also can you send me the Code

Hello Sir,
    Actually I am looking for something exactly opposite to what you suggested.
    I want to displayt/plot a graph from the GCODE.
    I don't know how to start. Could you help me with the this.
    I want to develop this software in C# Visual Studio

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234