Version 1.50 of VS3D has just been released.
It may be downloaded and installed from here:
The new version may be installed (in the same folder) directly over previous versions.
Once installed, a new license key will be required. If you would like to give the new
version a try, it can be run in demo mode without a key. Please contact us for a
free 30-day evaluation key.
Version 1.5 is the most significant release of VS3D since version 1.0 .
It includes the following upgrades:
*** Major Enhancements:
* Nesting - Shapes can be automatically arranged and packed together on a sheet to
reduce material waste.
* Settings Memory - VS3D now "remembers" all of the various settings entered by the user.
These become the default values during subsequent sessions in VS3D.
* TwinCAM G-Code - Output in the TwinCAM G-Code format is now available.
* Path Distance/Time - The total cutting/jogging distance and cutting times are now
reported by VS3D upon completion of each tool path output.
*** Minor Enhancements:
* Text Field Tab Key - The keyboard "Tab" key can now be used to cycle through the
text fields in pop-up forms.
* Surface Statistics - Additional information is now presented in the Surface Statistics
* Restore Defaults - All of the original VS3D settings can be restored via a single
* Perimeter Path - The Perimeter Path is now offset (in the XY plane) by the tool bit's
specified Offset, which makes this path type more useful for cutting out shapes.
*** Bug Fixes:
* Spiral Tool Path - Fixed a problem with progress status bar.
* Radial Tool Path - Fixed a problem with the "Alternate" path direction.
* Coordinate Scales - Fixed an aspect ratio problem when importing non-square images
and VScad3 projections.
Should you have any questions regarding the installation or use of VS3D,
please do not hesitate to call or email. I would be happy to discuss
your projects and to assist in determining the best solutions.
Daniel Carr, President - Designs Computed, LLC
Daniel Carr - President,
Designs Computed, LLC