CNC

Thread: CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC

Hi,
    I have just bought a chines USB CNC 6040z from china.
    i am new to cnc and got stuck on milling a square block.
    the issue is, when it start milling the size of the block is not correct.
    i used Rhino 3d cad to make the block.
    kindly tell me if there is any seeting needed in machine software.
    machine software is CNC USB controller.
    please help.
    thanks,
    Ali Khan

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC

Steps per unit are probably set wrong. This is configured in MACH3, and tells the machine how many steps are required to move a given unit of measure. You machine can be setup in MM or INCHES.

A question check it to tell the machine to move a given distance and measure it and that will quickly point you in the right direction.

Issue the following command

Make sure X is set to 0.00, Mark exactly where the spindle bit is located, use a piece of paper or dial indicator to measure.

Now in the MDI window issue the following command.

G1 X100 F50

This should move the X axis 100mm to the right. Now measure how far it actually moved. If it did not move exactly 100mm then the steps per unit are wrong.

This assumes you are using METRIC and your CNC software is setup in METRIC.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Russ,
    First of all thanks for your quick response.
    i have tried your advice settings G1x100F50 command and first it move to left as you mention that it shold move to right.
    second it stop on 62.86 mm.
    i am using cnc usb controller software.
    please guide.
    thanks,
    Alikhan.

Downloads
    Uploads

alikhan123,

Does you machine look something like the picture below? Are you running Mach3 software on this machine? The ads on ebay seem to suggest it has a USB controller but still is running Mach3 software on a PC to talk to the CNC machine. Send a PC screenshot of the software you are using to run the machine. Once I know which software you are using I can help you get the issue corrected.

CNC-s-l1600-jpg

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Russ,
    Yes this is the machine i m having. its 4 axis machine. but the software is not Mach3.
    here i m sending the picture image of machine software.
    thanks,
    CNC-whatsapp-image-2017-01-30-9-37-a

Downloads
    Uploads

alikhan123,
    I have a meeting right now but after that I will see if I can help you. This software appears to be planet CNC software, so I will go to their site, but this should be very similar to Mach3. You will need to modify the step/unit and the directions. Have you tested the homing routine? That should move the X axis to the LEFT to zero, the Y axis down towards the front of the machine to zero, and the z axis should go up away from the table. Some machine don't have homing sensors but since you got this machine configured they probably have micro switches on each axis.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    yes it has micro switches.
    i haven't tested the homing. please guide how to make the test.
    could u please tell me where to set the step/unit and direction.
    take your time and please solve this issue.
    thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

Setup Steps Per Unit Instructions

https://planet-cnc.com/how-to-setup-cnc/

Please follow this guide, I will find the guide for correcting the direction as well.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Alikhan123,

Please follow this step by step guide on setting up the machine. Once you do this you can then setup the steps/unit in the previous link. After that you will have a machine that starts working.

https://planet-cnc.com/how-to-setup-...nd-controller/

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Alikhan123,
    Here is the link to the forum where other people have your exact machine and you will find a good deal of good information on their site, including software and firmware updates. After you get the first two steps done let me know if you have further questions.

Planet CNC ? Index page

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: CNC

Alikhan123,

If you examine the attached manual and start on page 112, you will be able to quickly fix your machine.

If the motors moved the spindle in the wrong direction when you execute this command you will need to go to P123 of the manual under settings and check the reverse box.

G1X100F50 This command tells the machine to move to the RIGHT 100mm at a feedrate of 50

This all probably seems a little overwhelming but get a cup of coffee and read the manual starting with the settings section on page 112 and you will suddenly start to understand how things work.

This is a fun hobby once you get started.

Russ

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC-cncusbcontroller-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Russ,
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    i will try all this today and let you know the result.
    thanks once again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Russ,
    I have read the SPU manual and as per the instruction i have change X axis unite setting from 200 to 333 as it is calculated in ruler scale.
    and i run a 2d square g code in the machine. it improve little. mean to say. now size is increasing. i have given the square 70x70mm. but it mill 83.20 all the way,
    please guide me in more.
    thanks,
    alikhan123

Downloads
    Uploads

Please look at page 125 of the manual. It shows you step per unit on each axis under setup. What are you numbers on your machine for each axis?

If you command the machine to move 70mm square motion, it should move 70mm in each direction. You are indicating it is moving 83.20 mm if I am understanding you message correctly.

This would indicate the number in Steps/Unit is to big for both X and Y axis. If you have 333 in both X and Y and it moves 83.2mm then I can give you a pretty close calculation. Please confirm exactly what you have an exactly how far it moves when you give it a given command. Thanks

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    ok i will try again.
    moreover with the change of 333 from 200. machine is moving now more faster than before.
    is it can damage any thing,

Downloads
    Uploads

NO it will not damage anything, but the calculation is something that should be done correctly to ensure things come out the right size.

If you can find three pieces of information you can get the exact calculation.

1) Stepper Motor type, most stepper motors move 200 Step/Revolution.. normally says 200PPR or 1.8 degrees per step on the motor
    2) Ballscrew pitch: Most are 2mm, 5mm, or 10mm on smaller machines. You can figure this out by measuring the distance between the threads on the ballscrew
    3) Microstepping: This is set on the driver the most common settings are 1:1, 1:4, 1:8, 1:16, this is normally set with dip switches on the driver board. I will examine your manual, but with this info the real setup per unit calculation can be made manually.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Russ,
    Thanks for the value able information that u have given me regarding the SW SPU settings. its really works fine after doing several test by using manual gcodes commands.
    thanks a lot.
    now one more thing is my SW license is expired and my vendor ( chines) now they are not supporting me to get the license key.
    is there any way that u can get me the license key.
    please answer.
    thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

alikhan123,

They probably provided you demonstration software to test the unit. If you want to use Planet CNC software it is pretty cheap, the link below is where you get this and it costs 69 Euro.

https://planet-cnc.com/product/cnc-u...oller-license/

You could also get Mach3 for about $150 USD or LinuxCNC which is free. I just don't know if they have the drivers for your controller card.

I read that China made knock off USB controller just like the PlanetCNC boards and my guess is that is what you have in hand.

I do not use this kind of software so I don't have this software. I have tried LinuxCNC which works just fine and is free to download and use. The problem with Linux is the USB driver you are using to talk to your controller card would not work unless they have a Linux driver.

You easiest option sounds like to get the license from PlanetCNC.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    thanks i will purchase it.
    it will me to get the support .
    thanks.