Marathon build of my new Router table

Thread: Marathon build of my new Router table

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Marathon build of my new Router table

This was the way I spent my Xmas/New Years vacation. A 3 week marathon build

more to come enjoy!

ptegler

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Marathon build of my new Router table

Hi there Ptegler!
    First of all, awesome machine! your build is extremely clean and very professional looking!
    I just watched your clock video, and was curious to know. The video description states that you were testing your cad skills, did you design all the clock parts your self? Its a very nice piece!

If I could ask a favour of you? I just ordered the Fine Line Automation 24x48 kit with NEMA 34 electronics, however it will probably be 3-4 weeks before I receive it (benefits of being Canadian EH!) I am wanting to start my table build and am having trouble finding the exact dimensions for the machine with everything installed, I know the machine base, motor length but cannot find any dimensions for the rack and pinion system. If its not too much of a burden could you provide me with the machine overall measurments (end of motor -- end of motor on the y axis. and x axis bumper to bumper length) As well from what I have seen in your videos the spindle will over hang when at the furthest point forward. To compensate you appear to have built your spoilboard out past the front of the machine. How much of a overhang was required?
    Thank you for your input!

Anthony

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the stepper motors (34s in my case) and the ,ounty plates add roughly 6" to ach side, making the table just a knats but shy of 60"
    60" long.
    My table is 60" wide by about 70" long. ...keyboard and mouse spend more time unde the edge of the table bed rather than in the drawer right now.
    AS the video shows, my table over hang is to cover where the spindle can run to.
    Actually it will probably get cut off when I prep the table for the fourth axis (rotary) This will aloow for roughly a 8" diameter turning. mounted center line with the table base

ptegler

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Your CNC is that a Fine Line Automation kit?

Thanks