ViaCad License

Thread: ViaCad License

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ViaCad License

Hi,

I have been investigating ViaCad to replace my current CAD program and have a question on the license requirement. Does ViaCad lock itself to one PC or does it come with a dongle so I can work on two different PC's(not at the same time)?

I currently do most of my designing on one system and then dump the files to my shop PC which runs the CNC. My current CAD/CAM programs have dongles so I can activate the programs on either my shop PC or my office PC depending on where I am currently working.

Thanks,
    Robert

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Robert

The ViaCAD license is for a single install, single use. The ViaCAD DRM software locks to the machine.

The Shark license allows multiple installs (mac/pc, home/work/laptop) but only one copy running at any time. I've frequently suggested to Encore that they offer the flexible license plan of Shark to ViaCAD but they have not moved forward with that idea yet.

Tim

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick response.... The lack of multiple PC use is a huge disadvantage, but somewhat expected given the lower than normal cost.

One additional question, does a Shark license require an internet connection to allow the multi-PC use or does it have a dongle? I don't currently have internet access in my shop.

Thanks again,
    Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Robert

>does a Shark license require an internet connection

No, however you would need to launch Shark on the machine without internet and send some machine ids to tech support who would then send back an activation number.

If you are considering Shark, you might want to look at the 9 beta as it has a bunch of new features over 8. Encore recently had us add support for importing SolidWorks, SolidEdge, NX, and X_T files. There is a fully functional beta build for Shark FX 9 at:

Beta Download

Tim

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the information.....

Robert