I finally got around to take some pictures of the machine. All the covers have been removed because I was installing the limit switches and some connectors.
Here are some pictures of the lathe seen from various angles.
I have also taken some pictures of the waycover for the X axis. I first started out with a rubber cover, but then I thought "if I'm going to be making this, I'm gonna make it right". So I went with this telescopic waycover design.
Finally there is one picture of the modules I have made for my controller box. Every card, driver, controller..etc has it's own mounting "box" with connectors. This makes it easier for me if I want to change something or add something.