I have spent the last couple days debugging the controller for the ATC. I added a few new features, and a some bugges popped up. Took some time figuring out what was causing them, but now it's working again. I have been thinking about adding a rotary sensor on one of the motors to check if the correct tool is in place. This will come later.
The video I promised was a bit delayed because of the bug-hunting, but here it is. Just shows a simple part that I made. Got to resharpen the tools as I have been using them on steel for testing, but they still cut ok.
The part I'm making is made from 8mm brass rod, and the smallest diameter is 1mm. After making 15 of these I measured them and all dimensions are within 0.01mm / 0.0004". Thats okey for what I'm doing.
Now I will be focusing on lubrication. I will seal all the thrust bearings and fill them with grease. I will also add a central lubrication tank and valves/tubes to all the slides and ball screws. I don't know if I will let this be controlled by the computer, by a timer or just manual.