SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing] - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]

I just finished the rear chips guard, made off aluminium. Doesn't look nice but it should do the job.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Azalin View Post
    I will start with Mach which is familiar to me then I'll switch to LinuxCNC.
    Hi Suat, today I am putting the final touches on the installation of a 2000 line (8000 ppr) encoder on my ORAC . I purchased one of these Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication. to replace the Mach3 setup I've been running for years. Something for you think about for your lathe when you get ready to switch systems if you don't want to go through the pain of learning Linux to get encoder threading & true CSS. It also comes with proven commercial software, no buggy Mach stuff. It runs on Windows and comes with a touchscreen control panel. I think it is a gift from above !

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Downloads
    Uploads

@DICKEYBIRD

Interesting find. I didn't know about the Acorn board and software. I think it is mostly for use of milling machine but also supports lathe. Have you already installed it? I'd like to read your thoughts.

Best,
    Suat

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Acorn board, a W10 PC and 23" touchscreen monitor all working together nicely on the Acorn "bench test." I bought it for a new fixed gantry mill I am building with plans to buy another one for the lathe at a later date. The mill is months away from needing motion control but I'm so excited about its use of a REAL encoder that I decided to try it on the lathe first. The CNC12 lathe software is in beta right now & is about to come out for the rest of us this week. It is the same software they've had for years updated for W10 & a touchscreen. I will post how I get along with it when I can. Unfortunately, I have to work for a living & don't have time to jump on this & do it RIGHT NOW! like my childish side wants.

Here's a taste: Yes, Acorn is new but to me, it looks like it's a far superior product.

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Downloads
    Uploads

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been having hard times to get the Mach4 Darwin parallel port plugin work with the index sensor and emergency charge pump. So I wanted to try an ethernet based card. I get a cnc4pc M16 board and a PoKeys 57E. All works well now.

I must admit that M16 is a very nice card. And the PoKeys has a nice Lathe encoder feature.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]-img_20180102_224634-jpg   SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]-img_20180103_095842-jpg   SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]-img_20180103_095848-jpg   SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]-img_20180103_095908-jpg  

SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]-img_20180110_174557-jpg   SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]-img_20180110_175032-jpg   SIEG C6 Retrofit [Ongoing]-img_20180110_175439-jpg  
    Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Suat,
    You are looking good. I am glad to see you making progress. I think you now see why this was such a much better alternative. It greatly simplifies the setup process.
    Arturo Duncan
    http://cnc4pc.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Arturo. I'm enjoying it.

Here is a video of my first threading attempts.

The first two cut didn't ended up good because I didn't have a threading tool at the moment so I used a face cutter. As that cutter have a round tip the threading profile didn't match with the nut. The last cut ended up well. Little tight but it's ok.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Suat,

Awesome. I se you are on the other side now.... Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Arturo Duncan

Downloads
    Uploads

Dickeybird,

I just saw your comment and your project using the Acorn. I just wanted to say that while do have a lot of respect for the ACORN system and the Centroid backing of it, I do not think your comments regarding Mach4 and the Pokeys are being buggy and not supporting lathe functions. Maybe you were commenting on Suat’s previous attempt using Mach3.

Mach4 and the Pokeys are working very good. They are very stable, easy to use and do support very good lathe functions, like CSS, tapping, etc… With the installer and hardware that we are providing, it also makes it very easy to implement. You may want to download Mach4 in demo mode and take a look at the lathe setup and see what I mean.

Arturo Duncan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arturod View Post
    Suat,

Awesome. I se you are on the other side now.... Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Arturo Duncan
    Thanks Arturo. The M16 is great. Works beautifully.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Pushing the limits. Threading demo at 1510 RPM.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Double post.

Last edited by Azalin; 01-23-2018 at 05:46 AM.
    Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot that I have this shuttle. Yesterday I've found it in my garage and wanted to complete a setup and try. It works well except the inner wheel. When I rotate it in cw the axis moves opposite direction. It's inversed. Don't know how to fix. By the way the outer wheel works as it should.

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Azalin,

I have never played with one of those, but if it is supported by Mach4 it will work.

We do offer this one:

https://cnc4pc.com/mpg16-cnc-lathe-panel.html

Arturo Duncan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234