New Machine Build Brother TC-225 Rebuild & Retrofit - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brother TC-225 Rebuild & Retrofit

Default Re: Brother TC-225 Rebuild & Retrofit

Alright guys little bit of an update here.

So I got in the last of the Parts for the Controller PC Build. Nice Little MINI ITX MOBO with a nice industrial case SSD, 8GB RAM and an I3 Intel CPU.

Got all the X and Y servo motors Wired up and all the switches mounted and wired.

Finally got this Night mare grease system done on the X&Y axis's now only Z to go!

Also got A delivery of some New Goodies as well

CS-LAB CSIMO-IPA Controller, with MPG,Spindle Encoder, and additional I/O board. Really great quality product I was extremely impressed and A great Price too!

Started Working on the electronics cabinet.

So This Week I am getting the spindle on and starting to button up the electronics so we will see how it progresses! Hoping to see this thing do some moving in the next few weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking nice, keep posting , electronics looks like it is not cheap

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love the build! I'm rather jealous Any specs for the motors you bought?

That CS-LAB CSIMO-IPA Controller looks great, and judging by their site pretty cheap too I'm planning a big build similar to yours and would love to hear anything you learn about the controller side of things, the electronics are confusing for me.

Should be one impressive machine once you're all finished.

Cheers, Fenza

Fenza,
    Sorry I missed your post. The motors are all servo motors from MIGE servo Company. two 1KW, 4NM, 2500 RPM for X and Y and one 1.8KW, 6NM, 3000RPM for the Z Axis.

The CS LABS stuff is great quality right out of the box I was very impressed and their documentation is pretty in depth. I will be posting an update here soon and hope to have the machine powered up in the next few weeks. I will post up the details as I go, but the best thing I can tell you is just spend alot of time on these forums and you can learn tons that's what I did.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any updates? We want to see that beast moving

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Last Winter I picked up a pair of Pratt and Whitney Tape Mates that are pretty much the neanderthal versions of your machines and am in the middle of a CSMIO IP/A retrofit (4 new motors) on them as well. I was wondering about your tool changer, do the brothers use a completely mechanical tool change or are they pneumatic? I am trying to figure out how to set up the limit switches because my Z travel triggers the tool change, and I believe my spindle positioning is responsible for rotating the turret.
    If you have any advice for the retrofit I would love to hear it, as your looks pretty similar (though much less rust!) than mine.
    I look forward to seeing some chips flying soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12