Uploads

Default Re: Emco Turn 220 P

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Marco !!!!! Hope all is well with you. I haven't been on these forums for a bit. So, it took some time to get caught up. All I can say is what an incredible job you have done with the 220 !!!!!! Fantastic workmanship !!!!! these are fantastic lathes and well worth recycling I have been using mine for awhile. Just this past weekend, I made about 100 pieces of a part for my throttle kit. I decided to check the sizes, although this part is not critical, every piece was dead on.

I'll be checking in more frequently, to see your fantastic work

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch View Post
    Hello Marco !!!!! Hope all is well with you. I haven't been on these forums for a bit. So, it took some time to get caught up. All I can say is what an incredible job you have done with the 220 !!!!!! Fantastic workmanship !!!!! these are fantastic lathes and well worth recycling I have been using mine for awhile. Just this past weekend, I made about 100 pieces of a part for my throttle kit. I decided to check the sizes, although this part is not critical, every piece was dead on.

Hi Pete, I am OK, hope you are are OK also, been working on machine every day this year and still I am not done (small machine for big job). I replaced belt before 2 days and ordered encoder belt also, need to order new Bosch pressure regulator for power chuck, I tried to repaired it but with no luck, anyway I am working every day on machine 8 to 10 hours. Yesterday wanted to rotate fitting on cylinder for part catcher and air started to leak and no matter what I tried it leaks. Today will try to insert brass tube in plastic tube in hope to increase diameter for little. Machine is great, it is so well designed , you see that when you remove all paint and you paint it from scratch and then you can not mount all panels, metal sheets are so precisely made like all other parts. Will try to assemble machine till Monday, I assembled it once and then disassemble it again to repair paint job imperfections and to scrape areas with execs paint. Also needed to adjust slide play and reversing play , align toolchaneger before I seal panels with sealer...
    When you do this those things for first time it takes time, probably somebody will ask how I am not done yet, well, I can not believe either, it just take so much time.

Have lot of material for videos, for now few pics:

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch View Post

Forgot to say thanks on compliments

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys, I mixed my first coolant, I watched some Haas videos, I wanted to mix 5% concentration coolant, and calculated how much is liter of 95% tap water and how much is 5% of coolant "oil", when I mixed all together I took refractometer and I read 4 Brix for "my" 5% concentration and 6.5 for my 10% sample concentration (I made 2 bottles of 0.5 liters for sample so I have info when I compare with refractometer), I found in manual/pdf for my coolant that factor for refractometer is 1.5, did not know what that mean so I mixed like I discribed before (using liters , not mass), later I was courious what that factor means and I found that when you take sample of your coolant and check it with refractomter you need to multiply what you got on Brix scale with coolant factor and you will know what is concentracion of you coolant, I took my fathers refractometer so when I was on sight I concluded there is only Brix scale and some other scale and did not manage to conlude what was with that 1.5 factor.

So now my question is how you guys mix coolant, do you calculate value of each component like volume or you calculate by mass? Like I said this is my first time, even as I conclude that I made something wrong, I got 6% concentrate instead targeted 5% , which is OK for my needs, thanks for any info. I watched this video

Alos check this, same product different specifications for aluminum, I need to machine stainless and aluminum so I guess it will be good for stainless, for aluminum I always used my recipe (90% of petroleum and 10% od WD 40)
    http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/B433E561D541568080257F9C00371244/$File/BPXE-A9GN7X.pdf
    http://www.minaco.ba/castrol/pdf/hysol%20t15.pdf

For now coolant does not eat my paint so that is good

Downloads
    Uploads

here it is, machining aluminum, g code is not 100% as I want it to be in the video but know how to adjust it , need to buy more tools for turret, so I used what I had , have material from day before (it is not in this video) where I recorded operation by operation and it was scary, if micro boring bar is not ground as it should be and not fasten in turret at good angle it make some terrible noise. So I made soft jaws with which I hold part from front and back side.
    Enjoy it

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads