Emco Turn 220 P - Page 4

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Emco Turn 220 P

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Emco Turn 220 P

I really like the stepper driven turret. I just ordered a stepper motor and I have a couple drives sitting around...might be a project for the weekend ...not that i need another project

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch View Post
    Marco, are you using a homing routine on start up for the turret ????
    I do not use it currently but I think it is not problem to use , you just add G something (for homing ) and coordinates and that is it.

I spent two days to tool changer run like this (code that I find on forum is appropriate when you have control /under locking piston so when you retract piston you can rotate turret left and right, in my case that is not possible because turret can rotate in only one direction).

For now I can say that I am very happy how tool changer works mechanically and program wise because I do not have any experience ( even I made code alone just reading forums) with G code programming and other things that were used to make possible to control turret like it works now. Hope I will conclude how to enable soft limits and then I will be even more happier

Downloads
    Uploads

Deleted....

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch View Post
    Deleted....

Thank you for help, I tried already to write values from y axis to a axis in hope to accomplish something, on my card I have x, y and z axis so as I need to use x and z it only leaves y axis for controlling turret. So maybe I did something wrong in switching y with a axis (software mistake by me) or it is just not possible to make ( by my hardware) .

I have Idea that I need to test for enabling soft limits, it would be write G91 first, then set y = 0 and after that set limits like -100000000000000000000000.. to + 1000000000000000000000 or something like that, because machine is with x and z axis inside limits ( I can see that on readouts, but y I can not see so I only guess) so I conclude that only lefts y axis that makes problems because I use it in incremental mode, turret rotates always in same directions and y rises and rises (that is my explanation), I need too to learn about CNC ing BTW limits are already huge for y axis but maybe y run outside them during testing turret.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just found out that you can't turn off soft limits for one axis...it's all or nothing. But, as you have pointed out if you set the turret axis to some really high numbers, it should work.

pete

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice video, gentleman is talking something about slave axis , I wondered is it possible to change y axis be a axis ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zmajmr View Post
    Hi Pete, thx

Yes Emco is amazing, when I saw manual I thought this is machine from future

Here I made video how I mounted bearings, I guess it will help someone brave enough to change bearings by it self, bearings are pricey, I managed to buy exact same bearings which were mounted on spindle, I had little chat about bearing designation with seller from Switzerland ,what are the particular letters, he told me all what is not B7010E and P4 UL is year of production and factory plant (if someone will wonder ), P4 is super precision and UL is universal mounting (not matched pair).
    I made movie for Mike because I saw he is close to work with bearings so might help him too.

Anyway enjoy guys, if someone see that I made something wrong let me know. Only thing is grease, I tried lot of things before I mounted brand new bearing so I did not wanted to use the most expensive grease , but with today knowledge I would buy it because for those 4 bearing is enough small tube of grease, when you know what you are doing.

http://www.schaeffler.com/remotemedi.../sp1_de_en.pdf
    http://www.schaeffler.com/remotemedi...00_3_de_en.pdf

I accidently found on one forum this conversation, interesting to me

"Kluber Lube ISOFlex 15 "Special Grease"

Yup, 100 bucks with shipping and it looks like a Hotel Size Sample squeeze Tube to boot.

But when I Had my Emco Maier's spindle apart, the factory guy on the phone told me to pack the bearing with "Mit a Pea" size glob of Da Special Grease...and only a Pea Size amount of Da Special Grease or machine go Kaput." So I asked Special Grease? and was told not to do anything till I got Da Special Kluber IsoFlex Grease... he sent it out Red and sure enough when I received... their it was, right on the tube "Special Grease" So you think 100 bucks for Special Grease or 2400 bucks for bearings...I went wit he special grease.

Chuck-EEZ is what we use...three tubes and one in the gun come with each new Haas Lathe purchase. As we mostly use Collets the tubes have lasted till the next purchase, probably cheaper to just buy the grease... "

Downloads
    Uploads

I downloaded fully functional 30 day trial version of Partmaster so I can make some useful G code for turning, on video is simple part that I wanted to make and after trying to post process I get message about error, if anybody have some idea what I can try to do, or if somebody can recommend some easy to use CAD CAM software that can be used for turning and system that runs on windovs XP and (32 bit system). I tried BOB cad before this, looks nice but had some problems probably because I use XP and have 32 bit system of computer.

I would be happy to use Partmaster only thing that do not know how to solve this problems, one of them is 3d Simulation do not wants to work, I watched videos on youtube and guy that makes tutorials about using Partmaster only press button 3d Simulation and that is basicaly it.

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited by zmajmr; 03-15-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice job you're doing zmajmr! That 220 looks like a great machine.

I have the older (v10) Dolphin program and had problems with Mach3 post-processing too. Fortunately, Andre over in the Dolphin forum here in the CNC zone is very helpful in these matters. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dolphin-cadcam/ Hopefully they have a post that will work for you.

Just looking at your video, I think I saw that your downloaded version is v13 and the post you chose is v11. I don't think that will work.

ps: You're doing great with Dolphin...it took me a long, long time to get as far as you. I'm old & the light bulb is getting dimmer & dimmer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    Nice job you're doing zmajmr! That 220 looks like a great machine.

I have the older (v10) Dolphin program and had problems with Mach3 post-processing too. Fortunately, Andre over in the Dolphin forum here in the CNC zone is very helpful in these matters. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dolphin-cadcam/ Hopefully they have a post that will work for you.

Just looking at your video, I think I saw that your downloaded version is v13 and the post you chose is v11. I don't think that will work.

ps: You're doing great with Dolphin...it took me a long, long time to get as far as you. I'm old & the light bulb is getting dimmer & dimmer.
    Hi, thank you for comment and help, I downloaded newest version of Partmaster which is V12 and post processor is version V11.

Machine is small and I can agree it is great, I like Partmaster for now because it is easy to make what I made on video, I watched before that 2 videos and that is all my experience with CAD CAM, I have some experience with SolidWorks 2001 .

I sent email, to ask help from Dolphincadcamusa so will see what will found out, I guess it is not something huge but currently I can not resolve it by myself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zmajmr View Post
    Hi, thank you for comment and help, I downloaded newest version of Partmaster which is V12 and post processor is version V11.

Machine is small and I can agree it is great, I like Partmaster for now because it is easy to make what I made on video, I watched before that 2 videos and that is all my experience with CAD CAM, I have some experience with SolidWorks 2001 .

I sent email, to ask help from Dolphincadcamusa so will see what will found out, I guess it is not something huge but currently I can not resolve it by myself.

I have partmaster turn v13 and which post you select matters. you may have a demo/version/post mismatch. I was able to get support just calling the company and by e-mail. Once you get it setup, turn works pretty well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gt40 View Post
    I have partmaster turn v13 and which post you select matters. you may have a demo/version/post mismatch. I was able to get support just calling the company and by e-mail. Once you get it setup, turn works pretty well.
    Thank you for help, I thought newest version is V12 because I downloaded before 4 days as I remember . I could not find post for Mach 3 with version higher then V11, so will wait till tomorrow , I guess support from Dolphin will give me some help.

Downloads
    Uploads

cool?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I like your thread i also have an cnc lathe and work on spindle encoder Google amt102 probably this helps you i ll use that ..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Hi I like your thread i also have an cnc lathe and work on spindle encoder Google amt102 probably this helps you i ll use that ..
    Hi

Which lathe you have, I will use sensor from video, I am happy how it works, when I fixate it in housing everything will work OK, by hand holding speed measurement little oscillates.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi i have an klippfeld K10B ( My old Homepage is http://www.tkamsker.at:8080/web/pub/...-10b-cnc-umbau )
    i also started with LED Bridges but when i converted the Bridgeport i learned to like the encoders ,..
    but you do document all very nice thanks for it
    thomas

Downloads
    Uploads

If someone need to buy spare parts here is my contact

marko.romich@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads