Gecko G540 and Mach 3 Spindle control

Thread: Gecko G540 and Mach 3 Spindle control

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gecko G540 and Mach 3 Spindle control

I have Mach 3 running a G540 driver and also using it to control my VFD. I have something real weird happening, the Output from the G540's VFD Out is nice and stable until 61% duty cycle. From 61% to 69% the voltage is real erratic and the VFD jumps all over the place. As soon as the duty cycle hits 70% everything smooths out fine.

Example: Mach says it's outputing 63%, the VFD is jumping back and forth from 56% to 66% really fast. Any other Duty Cycle range beside the 60's is perfect.

I thought it was the base frequency that needed to be raised or lowered but it has not made a difference. I have mine set at 50hz currently.

Any clues or ideas?

Richard